July 21, 2010

Waltzingmouse sketch #6 & ColourQ #42



Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great week so far! I'll be hitting the road tomorrow, weather permitting, and not home until Saturday. I hope to get a couple more cards done before I leave to post while I'm gone, but if not, I promise to return soon!

Today's card is for another new challenge (for me, anyway!), the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. I've been admiring the Waltzingmouse stamps for some time, especially those that coordinate with the Spellbinders Nesties. There are quite a few sets on my wish list!

I already had in mind what I wanted to do with this sketch, and then the new color challenge at ColourQ went live and fit my idea perfectly!


As you can see, the sketch made me think of the sun, so I cut part of a circle from PTI's Orange Zest and stitched some red and yellow semicircles on it. I then ruffled a yellow satin ribbon under the curved edge. The red flourishes are from Autumn Leaves, and the sentiment is from PTI's Signature Greetings (I know, I've been using this set a lot lately!). The only thing I wish I could change about this card is to move the sentiment down a little bit, but otherwise it's a fun departure from my usual style!

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, white)
Stamps: Autumn Leaves (Flourishes v.2), Papertrey Ink (Signature Greetings)
Ink: Clearsnap (Cranberry), Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate)
Tools: Spellbinders (circle dies)
Accessories: Michaels (ribbon), DMC floss, thread

Thanks so much for stopping by, folks! I've had fun visiting family, but I can't wait to get back to my crafty space at home. Thanks for all of your encouragement here on the blog-o!

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Too cute!! Love it :D Hope your trip home goes well!

Lindsay said...

I love this! Great job with the sketch and the colors! Wowsers!

Laurie said...

Christina this is so pretty! I love this! The stitching adds so much to this card! And I love the ribbon treament!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh, this is so fun! Love it!

Karen B. said...

What a bright and cheery card, very innovative too!

Sylvia said...

This is a very lovely card. I love how you used the Colour Q colors!

Heidi said...

What a great card! I love the ribbon and stitching.

Julia Aston said...

what a super design on this! love your stitched circle and the pleated ribbon! thanks for playing with WMS this week Christina! hey - I'm north of Boston too! I guess we're neighbors!?!

Nerina said...

Oh this is just tooooooo much fun! I love the way you've interpreted the design! The stitching is just gorgeous and your colours just sing with happiness! What a great card!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the stitching and the ribbon and the swirls! FABULOUS card!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

This is fun and funky. Totally fabulous!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...