July 8, 2010

Curtain Call Act #37 & Sweet Sunday Sketch #76




Hi friends! Today I have one card for two challenges. The first is this week's Curtain Call Color Challenge. See those sweet cupcakes in the inspiration photo? I think Stacey had her birthday on her mind when she picked this! When you get a chance, be sure to stop by Stacey's Stamping Stage and wish her a happy birthday!

I also used this great sketch for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. I really like the square shape of this, but for this card I used a standard A2 size instead. I'm making a set of cards for a friend, so I want them all to be the same size. But I may have to try the sketch again in the future on a square card!


First I used my Nesties to cut a square from white cardstock and stamped a sentiment from Fiskars in Dark Chocolate ink. I added just a row of dots from Polka Dot Basics (PTI) to the top and bottom to frame it a bit. Then I used the Nestie to mask the edges while I sponged Hawaiian Shores ink around the sentiment. The scalloped square was cut with another Nestie die.

What do you think of my cute little crocheted flower? My grandma taught me to crochet when I was 7, and I have done it all my life but often put it away for long stretches. I thought it was time to pull out my hook and some DMC floss to make some of these flowers from Nichole Heady's blog. I'm thinking of making up a bunch to put in my Etsy shop, so if you have any requests for colors be sure to leave me a comment!


Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate, white)
Patterned paper: K & Company
Stamps: Fiskars (Make a Wish Quotes), Papertrey Ink (Polka Dot Basics)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate, Hawaiian Shores)
Tools: Spellbinders (square and scalloped square dies)
Accessories: Papertrey Ink (button), Michaels (ribbon), DMC floss, thread

That's all for now, folks! I have a busy couple of days of packing ahead of me, but I hope to pop in again tomorrow with at least one more card. Thanks for stopping by today!

13 comments:

Marisa said...

Aren't you a lady of many talents!! The flower is fabulous! Great card using this week's colours too! Love the sponging around the sentiment. I've used this sketch twice this week I like it so much :D Thanks again for the e-mail info!!

Anika said...

Love this! The first thing I noticed was your crocheted flower - it's perfect!! I really need to learn how to make them!

Nance Leedy said...

You MADE that flower??!! How cool is that? No end to your creativity. The card is beautiful and I especially love how you sponged around the nestie--it gives a great effect.

Jenny said...

So pretty, love this!! Great flower, how awesome! :) :) :) :) :) have a great weekend!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Christina!!! Love the clean design and the sweet handmade flower!!! Hugs ~S~

Stacey Schafer said...

seriously beautiful, Christina! your stitching and use of crocheted flower are perfect:) thanks for playing the Curtain Call, girlie!

Sue said...

What an amazing card you have put together, the flower is a perfect addition. congratulations on the top 5, your card is a very worthy winner of the 'top 5 badge'! Thanks for sharing with us again this week! :)

Nance Leedy said...

Congratulations on your show stopping top 5 card--well deserved! Cheers!

Laurie said...

OMG! I love this! That blue sponged around the sentiment is awesome! And I love your flowers! So pretty! I wish I knew how to do that!

Shelley said...

Love your flower! I keep saying I will teach myself! My neighbor crochets but doesn't think she'd be a good teacher.

Nerina said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL CARD! Your design really makes the most of your gorgeous flower (I have read that tutorial too - but can't crochet to save my life .... sob...) So glad you're using a talent like that and making such beauty with it!

Diane Gilbert said...

Christina your card is GORGEOUS!!!! I LOVE your crochet flower! Thanks for sharing Nicole's link, I think I will give them a try!!

Congrats one being one of this week's top 5!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Love that flower - not sure I can accomplish one of those, but thanks for the reminder to take another look at Nicole's tutorial.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...