July 7, 2010

CardPatterns Sketch #71


Hi folks! We are halfway through the week, which is normally cause for optimism for me, but this week I am a bit stressed about my upcoming road trip. I'm taking the kids to visit my family in Indiana, plus some friends on the way. It promises to be an interesting adventure (my kids are 4 and 2, and I had the help of my hubby last year when we did this). There is still lots to do to prepare, including heaps of laundry, packing the car with kid-friendly diversions, and deciding which craft supplies I can make room for! All important stuff, but of course you, my friends, are likely here to see a card, so I'll get right to it!

CardPatterns has a fabulous sketch this week that is a definite keeper. Check it out!


I just picked up a new rubber stamp at Jo-Ann, where all of the paper crafting supplies have been 40% off for several weeks running. Unfortunately our local Jo-Ann store is quite small, unlike the super store where I used to live, or else I would probably be taking even greater advantage of this sale! This lovely cherry blossom image is from Rubber Stampede. I took the opportunity to practice with a few Copic markers. I still can't quite get the hang of blending. I think I need to start with lighter colors, because by the time I add a darker shade and blend it, the whole image winds up darker than I originally intended. If you have any pointers, I'd be happy to hear them!

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist, Melon Berry, white)
Stamps: Rubber Stampede (Cherry Blossom), Fiskars (All Year Greetings)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate), Clearsnap (Ice Blue chalk ink), Jo-Ann (white), Copics
Tools: Spellbinders (Labels 4 die), ProvoCraft (embossing folder), EK Success (corner rounder)
Accessories: Papertrey Ink (silk ribbon), buttons, thread

Regardless, I'm really happy with the way the image turned out, especially the sponged chalk ink around the main image that give it a lovely, soft vignette. The photo doesn't quite do it justice! I also softened up the edges of the cardstock with some white ink.


I stamped just the end of the branch on the inside of the card and colored it to match the outside.
I hope you're having a fabulous day! Thanks so much for stopping by! You all leave the best comments and encouragement, and for that I am truly grateful!

9 comments:

Anika said...

Love this color combo and the inside details! So pretty!

Jean Martin said...

I love the cherry blossoms! So beautiful! And the airbrushing effect around them is also great!

Marisa said...

Portable DVD is the way to go if you have one. Otherwise, some audio DVDs like Adventures in Odessey or the like (believe there is a series for younger kids called Frogs and Tails I think??). We drove 13 hours straight one day adn the tapes were a lifesaver!!

Your card is gorgeous!! Love the colours, the sponging and your use of the sketch! That nestie shape is perfect as are the buttons.

Lindsay said...

This is beautiful Christina! I think your coloring is fabulous! I love Jo-anns sales too! That store sees a lot of me!

Smita said...

Lovely card and beautiful colors...!!

Nance Leedy said...

So soft and serene--perfect for a sympathy card. Your coloring is divine! And I love the little bit 'o' branch on the inside. It's the perfect touch.

Heather Rogers said...

Girl, I am not feeling sorry for you. I don't even have a JoAnn's where I just moved to. I would take small over nothing. hehe :)

Love the Cherry Blossoms. Thanks for playing at Card Patterns.

Laurie said...

I love this one so much that I made a card "kinda" like it! I will post it soon! Gorgeous!!

Nerina said...

This is beautiful! I love your colours and your colouring! Fabulous take on the challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...