July 28, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sketch #122



Hello again! If you missed my post about LeAnne's birthday blog hop, be sure to scroll down to my previous post!

Up next is my take on Taylor's latest sketch, which is super fun!



I just picked up this lovely patterned paper from Jillibean Soup and based my color scheme on that. I originally tried to incorporate the butterflies from the sketch, but it just wasn't working for me. So I took my inspiration from the paper and punched six little flowers, which I layered to make three blooms, then added a brown center with a Copic marker and some sparkle with a Spica glitter pen.

I stamped a branch from PTI's Turning a New Leaf and cut it out to layer under the flowers. The circular element in the sketch became the button, which looks super cute with PTI's New Leaf saddle stitch ribbon.

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist), Bazzill (Pollen)
Patterned paper: Jillibean Soup (Old World Cabbage Soup)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Turning a New Leaf), WPlus9 Design Studio (Funky Foliage)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate), Hampton Art (green), Copic marker
Tools: Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate), Marvy Uchida (flower punch)
Accessories: Papertrey Ink (ribbon), Spica glitter pen, button, DMC floss, thread

The sentiment is from WPlus9 Design's Funky Foliage, and it is one of my faves! I ran the Aqua Mist panel through my Big Shot with the Linen & Canvas impression plate after stamping. Some machine stitching around the edges finished off the front.


Here's a peek at the inside, too! Quick and simple.


Before I go today, I just wanted to give a shout-out to the wonderfully talented Jen Carter. Recently I was fortunate enough to win a contest on her blog for one of her super-cute button rings. Let me tell you, it is absolutely adorable and so beautifully crafted! She is selling these beauties in her Etsy shop, Jen's Ink Spot, along with some of her lovely cards. She has lots of designs and will custom make one to your specifications. Be sure to check out her shop!

Thanks so much for stopping by, friends! Hope the rest of your day is a good one!

4 comments:

Carolyn Ruiz said...

I think that anyone who receives this card will be in awe! This is beautiful as well as perfect for the challenge! I just really like everything about it.

Good luck and I hope you win! :)

LuAnn said...

OH wow...love how simple and clean looking your card for the TE sketch turned out! very inspiring!!

Nance Leedy said...

I love how you used this sketch Christina! The flowers & leaves are a brilliant idea. I love how the leaves mimic those on the patterned paper. I love that big button on the ribbon treatment too. Love, love, love! And the inside is finished off perfectly. BTW, I and several co-workers are now hooked on Jen Carters etsy shop--fab stuff and we are planning on order! Thanks for the tip!

Jen Carter said...

I just love how you finish the inside of your cards too...mine are often sadly neglected! This card is so pretty and the colors together are beautiful! (Congrats again on winning! I am wayyy behind on commenting on blogs, in case you noticed!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...