July 16, 2010

2 Sketches 4 You


Hello again, friends! As promised, I'm back for my second post today. If you missed my earlier post, feel free to scroll down to check it out!

This card is for Laura's sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You this week. It's another fun one!


I decided I wanted to play with more of October Afternoon's Fly a Kite paper. I just love this line! I added a sentiment from PTI's Signature Greetings and a flower from Beautiful Blooms II. I thought the shape of the petals and the stitched look were a good complement to the details of the papers. As a finishing touch, I just stitched a few more lines underneath the sentiment to ground it a bit.

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Hawaiian Shores, Vintage Cream)
Patterned papers: October Afternoon (Fly a Kite)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Signature Greetings, Beautiful Blooms II)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Hawaiian Shores, Dark Chocolate)
Tools: Spellbinders (circle, scallop circle die)
Accessories: Michaels (ribbon), Papertrey Ink (button), DMC floss, thread

We're visiting with family most of the day, so I don't know if I'll have a chance to meet any more challenge deadlines today, but I will if I can! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Jen Carter said...

This is so cute!! Great job with the sketch!

Laura Davis said...

What a great card!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Teresa Kline said...

luv these papers, sweet card...have a fantastic weekend!

enjoy *~*

cnelson said...

This is fabulous! LOVE it sososoooo much!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...