July 6, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sketch #119


Hi everyone! This is my second post of the day, so if you'd like to see some amazing whale photos, be sure to scroll down!

I managed to craft in the heat today and came up with this sympathy card for Taylor's sketch of the week. Here's the sketch:


I couldn't wait to use the new stamp set from WPlus9 Designs, Mehndi Medallions. I was so excited when I saw the sneak peeks of this set! And I couldn't believe it was on my doorstep today, since I just ordered it last Friday!

I stamped three of the medallions in three different colors onto white cardstock, then split the panel into the three smaller sections and matted them with Ocean Tides cardstock. I also added some stitching. The sentiment is from Fiskars' All Year Greetings. The pearls were a bit of an afterthought, as the brown strip looked a little plain.

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Ocean Tides, Dark Chocolate, white)
Stamps: WPlus9 Designs (Mendhi Medallions), Fiskars (All Year Greetings)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate, Ocean Tides), Hampton Art (green)
Tools: Spellbinders (circle, scallop circle die), ProvoCraft (embossing folder), Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate)
Accessories: Queen & Co. (pearls), thread

A few more medallions for the inside to finish it off.


So glad you could stop by today! I'll be back soon!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

this is absolutely beautiful!!

Jo said...

Oh this is truly beautiful Cristina! Colours are wonderful!

Karen B. said...

What a lovely card, saw it on Flickr and it just stood out in the gallery. I love the fine details in this set, and the colors you've used are fantastic. What a great blog you've got, off to visit and browse, and I'm hooked!

Nerina said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Christina! I absolutely LOVE the colours you've used on this - so elegant and suitable for the occasion without being overpoweringly 'sad'!! A really gorgeous design!

Nance Leedy said...

Another beauty! Love that stamp set and all your details--stitching & pearls--make it luxe!

Laurie said...

This is wow!! You are making me want to go and buy that set now!! hehe! You did an amazing job with the sketch! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...