July 20, 2010

PDCC #38 & EBTKS sketch #19

Hi there! I'm back with a card for a challenge that's new to me: the Play Date Cafe Challenge. I really enjoy color challenges in particular, so when I saw this one I knew I'd like to try it out. I paired it up with the sketch at Everything but the Kitchen Sink, which is a fantastic clean and simple design.


I just found these gorgeous mulberry paper mini roses at Michaels, and I knew they would be perfect for this color challenge. I stamped an image from PTI's Turning a New Leaf and added three of the blooms. I stitched a strip of Lavender Moon punched with my favorite EK Success border punch behind the focal image. The kraft background is embossed with PTI's Woodgrain impression plate and sponged lightly with white ink to bring out the pattern. I truly love this plate!

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon, white), Bazzill (kraft)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Turning a New Leaf, Signature Greetings)
Ink: Ranger (Eggplant), Hampton Art (green), JoAnn (white)
Tools: Spellbinders (square, scalloped square dies), EK Success (border punch)
Accessories: Michaels (paper roses), thread

I really love the simplicity of this design and how it turned out! I'm so glad you stopped by today! Thanks for all your kind comments!





21 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful CAS design, the Woodgrain embossing looks wonderful here. Thanks for playign at the PDCC.

Jenny said...

Very pretty, love this :) :) :) :)

Shelley said...

You answered my question...about the flowers. They are the perfect touch to your card! I do love the woodgrain and how you sponged it to make it pop (great tip.) I was hoping to get my chance at this challenge before it ends, too...need to get crackin'!

Louise Fox said...

Christina, What a truly lovely execution of the sketch. Your card is wonderful, especially your selection of colors! Blessings, Louise

Dana said...

Oh Christina, this is lovely. SO pleasing to the eye. I love those roses, they look porcelin!

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the sketch and colours! Love the woodgrain and darling flowers. Great card :D

Karen B. said...

So very pretty and yet so CAS, what a wonderful combination.

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card! I especially love that woodgrain embossing! So pretty! :)

Lindsay said...

Love this Christina! I really love how you incorporated the purple. Oh that woodgrain is delightful!

Connie Fossenier said...

Love what you did with this card...the little roses along with the wood grain embossing...are simply perfect...
connie paxman

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Christina! Love the CAS design and the fab woodgrain embossing.. Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Those flowers are just darling! I love them--beautiful woodgrain embossing too:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful CAS design and lovely image with the roses. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC this week.

Sarah Anderson said...

What a very pretty card, those flowers look lovely on the stamped leaf image. Thanks for playing at the playdate cafe :)

Ruby said...

Such a pretty card! Love the CAS design, it looks great with the woodgrain background! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

Laurie said...

OK I LOVE this! What a beautiful card! The woodgrain is amazing! The roses are so sweet! I love how you stamped the leaves in the nestie! What an awesome card!

Ann said...

Super pretty! Love those sweet little flowers! Thanks for playing at EBTKS!

Nerina said...

This is utterly charming! So simply sweet but so balanced and happy! I love the mix of the blossoms with the woodgrain! Lovely, lovely, lovely card!

Jen Carter said...

This is beautiful! Love your little roses!

Courtney Baker said...

Christina this is super pretty! Thanks for playing along with EBTKS!

Winter said...

So pretty! I LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...