July 23, 2010

2 Sketches 4 You #57


Happy Friday! I hope you're looking forward to the weekend as much as I am. Today I just wanted to post my take on Kazan's sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You. I've been making these crocheted flowers while on vacation, so I was looking for an excuse to use them on another card and saw the perfect opportunity with this sketch!


I wanted to keep the overall design very simple to let these little beauties shine, so I paired them with a basic sentiment and some pretty (but not busy) patterned paper. This paper is just lovely in person, with just a bit of glitter to make it sparkle. It's from DCWV's The Linen Closet stack, which I finally found in an 8 x 8 size (1100 miles from home, of course!).

I mentioned in a previous post that these flowers are from a pattern on Nichole Heady's blog, but did you notice those adorable crocheted leaves? I promise to share the link to that pattern soon, I just don't have it in front of me at the moment. Needless to say, I was excited to find a pattern that so perfectly complements these little blooms.

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (white), Bazzill (kraft)
Patterned paper: DCWV (The Linen Closet stack)
Stamp: unknown
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate), Clearsnap (Creamy Brown)
Tool: Papertrey Ink (scallop border die)
Accessories: buttons, DMC floss, thread

That's all for now, as I must get some sleep before another day of driving tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Sylvia said...

Your card is beautiful Christina! I am going to have to check out the instructions for the flowers!

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing! I loveee your card. Those crochet flowers are absolutely adorable!

Laurie said...

Oh my goodness. I need to have some of these! Are you selling them? They are too cute! Your card for this sketch is awesome too, by the way! I have stared at it forever and can't come up with anything! You did a great job!

Lindsay said...

Super job with the sketch Christina! I love those flowers! I hope you are having a great time!

Marisa said...

Absolutely adorable flowers and leaves!!! Great card too!

Jen Carter said...

Wow. LOVE your flowers and leaves! Those are so super pretty! I also really like your background too!

Nerina said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colours you've used here! Sigh. Your blossoms are soooooooo beautiful - you make them so well! Those leaves are adorable! (Looks like you've found your back home groove perfectly :0) Thanks for the encouragement you left for me - I appreciated it ENORMOUSLY :0) HUGS!

cnelson said...

perfectly lovely!! love, love, LOVE this card!!!

Shelley said...

Oooooh! More of your beautiful crocheted flowers! You are making me green with envy! Remind me, did you share a pattern? In know Nicole shared one some time ago. I am going to twist somebody's arm to teach me this. It can't be that difficult, right?

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SUCH a gorgeous card! I really love the crocheted flowers, and the colors you've used showcase them beautifully!

Unknown said...

You made the blossoms??? Wow! They are perfect and so neat and pretty. That alone is amazing and then to add then to the gorgeous card - perfect!
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...