July 19, 2010

CardPatterns #73


Hi friends! Well, it's the start of another week. I only have three more days before I'm on the road again, headed back home. I'm enjoying the time visiting my family, but I really miss my hubby and my own bed!

Today I've got a card to share for the sketch at CardPatterns. This was a bit challenging, because I wouldn't normally use a diamond shape, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.


I immediately thought of using PTI's A Little Argyle, so I started by stamping the smallest diamond pattern in turquoise and spring green on white cardstock. I used my Nesties to cut out a frame from Hawaiian Shores cardstock, then popped it up a bit on foam adhesive. The label is PTI's Fillable Frames #5, and the sentiment is from Signature Greetings.

The Spring Moss background is stamped with an argyle pattern in white, then wrapped with Hawaiian Shores ribbon.

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Spring Moss, Hawaiian Shores, white)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (A Little Argyle, Fillable Frames #5, Signature Greetings)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Hawaiian Shores), Clearsnap (Lettuce), Jo-Ann (white)
Tools: Papertrey Ink (label die), Spellbinders (square, scalloped square dies)
Accessories: Papertrey Ink (ribbon), buttons, DMC floss

So glad you could stop by today! I haven't had as much time to leave comments lately, but I hope to get caught up soon! Thanks so much for all your words of encouragement--I look forward to them!

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

OOh I like this! The colors are so relaxing and that argyle...delightful! Great job Christina!

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the sketch, Christina! Great card - love the added bow on the one side. Yes, nothing is better than sleeping in your own bed! Enjoy your last few days with family :D

Jean Martin said...

Wow great use of the sketch! I was discouraged by the diamond to be honest. But you did a great job with it! (As always!) You're so courageous to brave all these challenges! Hee! :)

Laurie said...

Oh I love this! The color combo is great!

Shelley said...

Beautiful! I love the argyle inside your diamond...it really draws your eye in! I have an idea for the "challenging" sketch, too. I hope I get to play!

Nerina said...

Christina - this is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colours you chose and your stamping is PERFECT - especially on the argyle! Gorgeous, *gorgeous* card!

Arlene said...

Wonderful colors - marvelous color combo too.

Carolyn Ruiz said...

This is just so fantastic! I also love the colors you used and the idea to use ribbon in the colors is a good one. Good luck in the contest!!!!

PS. i saw this card and it made me a follower!!! :)

Anonymous said...

This is lovely! Great work with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns,
Anthea.

Jen Carter said...

Very pretty card! Love the unique design of it!

papertrails leaver said...

this is beautiful! I love how you wrapped the ribbon around the edges!

Heather Rogers said...

Very cute! Love the teal and green together. :)
Thanks for playing at Card Patterns.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...