July 29, 2010

Curtain Call Act 40 & Sweet Sunday Sketch #79


Hello! How are things in your corner of the world? We have one more day of heat and humidity before we're supposed to get some relief, just in time for the weekend! I, for one, am looking forward to cooling off for a few days!

On to today's card, which is for two challenges. First is the fabulous color combo that Stacey chose this week for the Curtain Call Color Challenge. Isn't it fun? Okay, I admit it scared me a bit at first, but once I started working with this combo I really loved it! It gave me a chance to try out PTI's Simply Chartreuse cardstock.

I used Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch of the week. I think the oval shape can be incredibly versatile using one of the many available label dies, which is what I decided to do.


I was dying to play with my newest stamp set, PTI's Distressed Stripes. I made the striped paper by stamping three different stripes in red, black, and turquoise. This was totally inspired by PTI's Beautiful Blooms patterned paper with a similar color combo. I stamped the black cardstock with the larger bloom and leaves from Delightful Dahlia in white ink. The label die and stamp are PTI's Fillable Frames #4, and the sentiment is from Mega Mixed Messages. I finished things off by die cutting and stamping the smaller dahlia and leaves and layering them over the label. The red ribbon is from my stash.

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Hawaiian Shores, True Black, Simply Chartreuse, white)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Distressed Stripes, Delightful Dahlia, Fillable Frames #4, Mega Mixed Messages)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Hawaiian Shores), Clearsnap (Cranberry, Black), Jo-Ann (white), Versamark
Tools: Papertrey Ink (Fillable Frames #4 die, flower and leaf dies)
Accessories: ribbon

And to finish off the inside, I added more of those fun stripes and a punched border strip in chartreuse, to pull in all of the colors from the front.


That's all for today! I'm trying to get back to posting comments more regularly, so be sure to leave me a comment here so I can visit you, too! Thanks for stopping by today!

14 comments:

Marisa said...

Great use of the colours, Christina. It took a bit of thinking for me to wrap my mind around them LOL! Great flower and card.

Carolyn Ruiz said...

This is gorgeous! I love that striped stamp set you used because you could make it exactly the colors you wanted to fit your color challenge. I'm totally gonna have to check it out! Was it easy to use?

This card is great! thanks for sharing!

Stacey Schafer said...

beautiful, Christina! love this sweet layout with the colors this week, and the chalkboard effect ROCKS:) thanks for stopping by the Curtain Call this week!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a fabulous combination of colors! Love this bold, wonderful card!!!

Shannon Willis said...

Wow Christina, I love your card. The colors are so pretty, especially the white flowers on black. Very elegant.

BTW, I am following you now. You have a lot of interesting projects on your blog.

Shannon
www.shannonscropstop.blogspot.com

Karen B. said...

Oh these colors scared me right off the bat, your card is fantastic! I thought that was patterned paper and said to myself, I wish I would have thought to use that paper! Hah!

Nance Leedy said...

Look at you, two posts in one day! This one is fab and I love the chalkboard look on the true black. Great use of a tough color combo too!

Julie said...

Wow, this is just absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing along in the Curtain Call this week.

Sue said...

I have offically added this one to my favourites!!! what a great use of the colours and the distressed stripes- I love them too! Thanks for sharing with us again this week! :)

Renée said...

What a fabulous card! Love how you've tied these colours together with a wonderful layout!!

Angie Tieman said...

Wowza! This is fabulous! I love it!

xiumaiyuki said...

This is simply stunning!!! From the fabulous color combo to the pretty delilah...everything just mesh so well together! Saving it to my favorite for inspiration.

Nerina said...

This is seriously lovely! I love the way you used the colours - so striking and clean! Just gorgeous!

Jen Carter said...

This is so pretty! I love, love your striped paper that you created. Everything together just works so well together! This is such a fantastic card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...