July 15, 2010

Papertrey Posse Parade of Blogs



Finally, I'm back! I've been on the road for the last 4 days, but I finally reached my destination and hope to get my fingers inky again today!

Today's card is the last of a set I shared last week, but it was actually the first of the set that I made. Color challenge #2 at Papertrey Posse inspired the entire project! The challenge was to use Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, Melon Berry, and Dark Chocolate.

I started with this gorgeous patterned paper from American Crafts. I really wanted that elegant pattern to take center stage, so I kept the other elements fairly simple. The sentiment is Fiskars and the butterfly is from PTI's Butterfly Dreams, colored with a couple of Copic markers.


Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, white)
Patterned paper: American Crafts
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Butterfly Dreams), Fiskars (All Year Greetings)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate), Copics
Tools: Spellbinders (circle, scalloped circle dies), EK Success (border punch)
Accessories: Papertrey Ink (button), Queen & Co. (pearls), Michaels (ribbon), DMC floss, thread

I'll keep the details to a minimum so you can check out the rest of the creations from the Papertrey Posse! Thanks for stopping by today!

14 comments:

Lindsay said...

OHHH I love this Christina! Those pearls give it that extra elegant touch and your butterfly is colored so nicely!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Love the pearl accents along the scallop at the bottom. That paper is really pretty and you showcased it perfectly.

Keva said...

THIS is lovely. It's so elegant and classy. I love how you tied the colors together so well. Thanks for playing along with us!!

Anika said...

So soft and pretty! Love those little pops of Melon Berry!

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful card, Christina! I LOVE the pearls!!!

Suzanne said...

What a stunning creation, Christina. I love the softness of the Aqua Mist and all the curvy lines. And the Melon Berry butterfly & button are the perfect finishing touches. Thanks for coming out to play with us!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous leaf/flourishes as the BG and a great use of the colours!! Fabulous card.

Becky Carafa said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! So soft and pretty!
Love the look! :)

Karen B. said...

Very beautiful and classic! Such a pretty combo of colors.

Nance Leedy said...

This is beautiful, Christina! That paper is divine and your layout highlights it perfectly. I love the addition of the oh-so-elegant pearls on each scallop--LOVELY!

Unknown said...

This card is gorgeous - I love the patterned paper!

Sarah Souza said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the pattern paper and the pearl accents!

Nerina said...

No wonder you saved this one up .... it's utterly GORGEOUS! I love everything about it ... this is **so** elegant! (I think I say that about a lot of your cards :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...