July 2, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch 75


It's Friday! Woohoo! I hope you all have great plans for the weekend, or just some good old fashioned relaxing. I'm just making it in time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch! I always have such a hard time with those big circular elements.

I took the easy route and cut out a cute little cake image from DCWV's Nana's Kitchen stack. I added some glitter to match the little heart border at the bottom. Some stitching, a little tag (loving those lately!), and that's all!

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Hawaiian Shores, white), Bazzill (pink)
Patterned paper: DCWV (Nana's Kitchen)
Stamp: Papertrey Ink (Mega Mixed Messages)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Hawaiian Shores)
Tools: Spellbinders (circle dies), McGill (tag punch), EK Success (corner rounder)
Accessories: Papertrey Ink (ribbon), glitter, thread

Thanks for stopping in today, and for all the great comments! I appreciate you all so much!

5 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Christina, you are a mad stamper these days! Fabulous card and genius use of the heart border for those crazy dots in the sketch. I took one look at this sketch and ran...but you rocked it!
Happy 4th!

Lindsay said...

Very pretty Christina! I love the softeness. Great work!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

What a sweet card! Love the soft colors!!
Maria

Laurie said...

An adorable take on this sketch! I love that cake! So cute!

Shelley said...

How adorable, Christina! Did I read that right? You cut the cake out of DP? Love it! Can say enough!

I'm going to miss you so much on the Curtain Call. I love your sense of style! But rest assured, even though I am SLOW with the comments, I'm around. I added you to my reader!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...