June 29, 2010

TESC #118



Hi folks! It has been very hot and humid here the last couple of days, which meant lots of browsing air-conditioned stores yesterday and little time in the craft room! But I managed to whip something up this morning for the sketch of the week at Taylored Expressions. Check out those cute scallops!


I decided to cut into another piece of patterned paper from my stash! I love this pattern from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop collection. I decided to mimic it in the focal image by stamping a small flower from Beautiful Blooms II and some leaves from Turning a New Leaf, both by PTI. The sentiment is from Mega Mixed Messages. I thought I was all done, then decided to add the pearls, and I really think they complete the card.

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy)
Patterned paper: October Afternoon (Thrift Shop collection)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Turning a New Leaf, Beautiful Blooms II, Mega Mixed Messages)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado, Chamomile Tea Dye), Clearsnap (Cranberry)
Tools: Spellbinders (scalloped circle die), Papertrey Ink (scalloped border die), EK Success (corner rounder)
Accessories: Papertrey Ink (ribbon), Michaels (pearls)

Simple on the inside, as always. Everything got a good dose of Chamomile ink from PTI's Tea Dye Duo. This stuff still intimidates me, but it softens as it dries and I do like the aged look and warmth it adds.


I hope you're able to stay cool today, wherever you are! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

So pretty, love these colors!! :) :) :) :) :)

Lindsay said...

Oh I like this a lot! Great card!

Unknown said...

this is so stinkin' cute!

Nerina said...

Looooove this card! The scallops are super cute and the way you've interpreted the little flowers is so inspired! I can't believe how much love the inside of your cards get too! Amazing. This is such a pretty card - it makes me feel happy all over!

Jen Carter said...

This is so cute! I am so impressed with how you combined the stamps to make the circle image to match the paper!! Way to go girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...