June 15, 2010

A Krafty Father's Day


Hi there, folks! No challenge entries today, just a Father's Day card I whipped up using my new Masculine Motifs set from PTI. When this set was introduced, Nichole Heady showcased this tree image and an easy Copic technique she used to color them. I have been slowly collecting Copic markers but have been afraid to use them, so this seemed like a low-stress way to get started!


Cardstock: Bazzill (kraft), Papertrey Ink (Ripe Avocado)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Masculine Motifs)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate, Tea Dye Duo), Copic markers
Tools: Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate)
other: Papertrey Ink (jute twine), wood button


I used the Ripe Avocado Copic Trio available from PTI. I added a strip of Ripe Avocado cardstock below to ground the image, which was distressed a bit using the Linen & Canvas impression plate. The kraft background panel and the main image were also impressed with the Linen & Canvas plate.

Now I just need to get this in the mail so it will arrive on time!

Thanks for all the lovely comments you've been leaving--I do read each and every one and appreciate them all! Have a great day!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Great card, Christina! Love the trees and the button wigh twine is the perfect touch for a masculine card. I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated :D

Lindsay said...

Very nice card! I have been working on a batch of them and love this set. Your card is just fabulous!

Nerina said...

Oh, this is beautiful! I love the soft colours you've chosen and the white space! Gorgeous - really masculine without being overpowering!

Smita said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the kraft and green.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...