June 1, 2010

Curtain Call Act 32 & CardPatterns 66


Hi friends! Today's fun little card is for my daughter's dance teacher. Their recital is this weekend, and these adorable little 4 year olds will undoubtedly be the stars of the show! I was a bit unsure about what style of card to make, but then my daughter found this cute chipboard ballerina at Michaels, and I realized it would be the perfect addition to the colors at the Curtain Call this week! I used sketch 66 from CardPatterns.


This was a lot of fun to make, especially since I got to use my new scalloped border die from PTI. I added a few other little details, like stitching on the background panel and label die, a scored diamond pattern on the label, and a few pink rhinestones for sparkle.

Cardstock: Bazzill (Piglet, Passionate, Pollen, Citrus), Michaels (white)
Chipboard: Michaels
Stamp: unknown
Ink: Martha Stewart Crafts (Hibiscus)
Tools: Spellbinders (Labels 1 die), Papertrey Ink (scalloped border die), Martha Stewart Crafts (scoring board)
Embellishments: Papertrey Ink (button), Michaels (ribbon), Me & My Big Ideas (rhinestones), thread, DMC floss


I hope the teacher likes it (I know my daughter does!). Thanks for stopping by today!

10 comments:

Marisa said...

This is absolutely fabulous, Christina!!! LOVE everything about it. The scallops on the sides (I'm dying (ha-ha) to get those dies!) the scoring behind the ballerina and the touches of bling are perfect. I'm sure her teacher will adore it :D Remember when my little girl took ballet at 4 - they were just too cute for words. Enjoy the recital :D

Stacey Schafer said...

this is so darling, Christina! that sweet image on the scored bg and with that fab scallop border....adorable! thanks for playing the Curtain Call, my sweet June Guest Designer:)

Lindsay said...

This is just darling! Great card!!

dstandard said...

Totally precious! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Shelley said...

Wow! She sure is CUTE! Those scallops are FAB, too! Wonderful way to use the Curtain Call colors!

Jen Carter said...

Ahhhh! That's adorable!!

Julie said...

Way cute, love the scallops and stitching! Thanks for playing along this week at the Curtain Call.

whoistracy said...

This is adorable! I love those scallops!!!

Sue said...

what a perfect card, just love the coloured scallops! thanks for joining in the fun at curtain call this week! Looking forward to seeing your debut this week as guest designer for June! :)

NinaB said...

This is super adorable. I love the stitching on the label. Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...