June 13, 2010

ColourQ 36 & TESC 117


Happy Sunday! I'm just in time for my entry into this week's ColourQ challenge! Check out the super-cute doll in the inspiration photo! I've seen these little guys online before and had to convince myself that I do not need one. But believe me, if my kiddos were more interested in stuffed animals they would have to have one!

I also used the sketch for the week at Taylored Expressions. Love that label peeking out from behind the main panel!


The only color I had close to sage is a bit more green than the one in the challenge picture, but I went with it! I wanted to do a card with lots of white space-literally! I adore the look of the embossed white layers, with just little bits of color.

Cardstock: Michaels (white), Bazzill (Lily Pond), Papertrey Ink (Orange Zest)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Star Prints), Inkadinkadoo (Dot Flourishes)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate), Versamark
Tools: ProvoCraft (embossing folders), EK Success (border punch), Spellbinders (label die)
other: Jillibean Soup (journaling spot), Michaels (ribbon), Papertrey Ink (buttons), DMC floss


I used a cute journaling spot from Jillibean Soup to house a star from PTI's Star Prints and a couple of vintage yellow buttons. I stamped the sentiment on a die cut label and inked it with some Dark Chocolate to define it a bit against the white background.


And here's the inside! Super simple.

Hope you have a great day planned! Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Jean Martin said...

I love it! I love the embossing sooo much! I was just holding the same embossing folder in my hands awhile ago. I should have gotten it! I will now! Thanks Christina!

Marisa said...

Darling double challenge card :D Love how you used the colours and the layout.

LeAnne said...

WOW WOW WOW! I am LOVIN' this card! Sharp, clean, great design.....just one awesome card!!! Thanks for playing with the CQC colors!!!

Nerina said...

Just hopping off to find a Thesaurus here ....

....fabulous, incredible, unbelievable, amazing, astounding, tremendous, marvelous ... superb, gorgeous, exquisite, breath-taking ....

and it's still not really enough. I **LOVE** this card. You are so talented! Keep creating and submitting - I wish you all the best in your creative journey!

Unknown said...

Hi Christina!
This is so pretty! Love the texture background! The white looks incredible!
Thanks for playing along with the Colour Q this week!

Renée said...

ooooh, so very pretty! Love the crisp layout, fabulous!

Lesley said...

This is so pretty! LOve the embossing and all the white!
Lesley

Queenie Jeannie said...

This is a fantastic card!!! Love it!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Oh my gosh, this is sooooooo beautiful!! I love the embossing, and the punch of orange with the star, and how you tied the ribbon, gorgeous!

Sharron said...

WOW--this is just stunning! I love all the white and the wonderful embossing!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. All that texture is divine! I really need to use more white on white, it is such a fabulous look.

suzARTe said...

this card is really beautiful. I love the texture created by the embossing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...