June 27, 2010

ColourQ #38


I'm back with my second post of the day! Be sure to scroll down to see my card for the Curtain Call Color Challenge!

This card is for this week's challenge at ColourQ. I was so disappointed to miss out on the challenge last week when I was out of town, so I had to participate this week! And I'm just barely making it in time! Here's the inspiration:


I had so much fun with my last white on white card that I wanted to try it again with just a splash of the featured colors. I punched out all the butterflies with two different Martha Stewart punches, then adhered them in rows to a piece of white cardstock, using just a tiny drop of liquid adhesive in the middle of each butterfly. I then machine stitched a straight line down the center of each row. Finally, I put the whole panel into a Cuttlebug embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot. I pulled up the wings just a bit to give it more dimension and help the white butterflies to stand out. I also added a couple of rhinestones to the colored butterflies for sparkle!

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Spring Rain, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, white), Bazzill (green)
Stamp: Papertrey Ink (Signature Greetings)
Ink: Clearsnap (Black)
Tools: Martha Stewart (butterfly punches), ProvoCraft (embossing folder)
Accessories: Me & My Big Ideas (rhinestones), thread

I decided to put the sentiment on the inside of the card, so I picked one from PTI's Signature Greetings and added one more punched butterfly.


I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do! Enjoy your day, and thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

OMGoah - this is SO GORGEOUS!!! I love all the white with those poppin' blingy butterflies! And the stitching & embossing - oh my! Thank you so much Christina for making such an outstanding card for the colourQ this week - I love it!

Marisa said...

Too cute, Christina :D

farmhouse-story said...

gorgeous card! and you do beautiful work with the pti stamps:)

Linda Beeson said...

Oh how cute is that!!! LOVE all of the swiss dot, white background.

Stephanie said...

What a fun card!! Love this idea & really love the stitching :)

Sylvia said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!

LeAnne said...

LOVELY! What a creative yet simple card! The bling is perfect!

Mary Brown said...

How DELIGHTFUL! I just love how you did your butterflies!

Jenny said...

Lovely... so pretty!! :) :) :) :) :)

Betty Benton said...

Wonderful card! Loving all those gorgeous butterflies. Congratulations!

Jen Carter said...

Oh my! That is so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...