June 26, 2010

Color Cue 5 & CPS 172



Hello, friends! Just popping in with my submission for 2 challenges: Dawn's Color Cue 5 at Stamp Away with Me and CPS 172. I added cream to my color combo in order to work with these patterned papers.


The papers are from October Afternoon's Fly a Kite collection. I've been collecting various papers from some of my favorite lines lately and hoarding them. I'm sure no one else ever does that, right? So I've been making an effort to use them on my cards lately.

Cardstock: Michaels (cream), Papertrey Ink (Orange Zest)
Patterned paper: October Afternoon (Fly a Kite collection)
Stamps: WPlus9 (Funky Foliage)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate, Tea Dye Duo), Clearsnap (Lettuce)
Tools: Spellbinders (scalloped circle die), Marvy Uchida (circle punch), EK Success (corner rounder, border punch)
Accessories: Papertrey Ink (ribbon), Pebbles, Inc. (twine)

I hadn't used the Funky Foliage stamp set from WPlus9 for a while, so it was definitely time to break them out for this challenge at Dawn's blog! I just love those little trees! I decided to leave out the arrow in the sketch and use a scalloped border and tied ribbon instead.


The inside is finished off with a couple of simple strips just to add some color. Oh, and I swiped some Chamomile ink from PTI's Tea Dye Duo onto all the edges.

That's all for now! Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for the latest Curtain Call Color Challenge! Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Cristina said...

Aw! I love those patterned papers. I know what you mean; it's so hard to let them go. You did a great job on this, though. Very cool how those scallops are *just* peeking out and then how they get tucked under that polka-dot strip.

Jean Martin said...

Great card Christina! I love that edge punch you used...is that Fiskars? Oooh hoarding paper? I want to hoard Cosmo Cricket patterned papers!!! :) But I have too much on my wish list that I have to get first...so...hoarding...for later...;)

Stephanie said...

The scallop circle peaking out is fantastic!!! Another great card, so glad I popped over :) Thanks for all the inspiration!

Dawn said...

I really like this layout Christina, and the colors and patterns you chose for each element. It's a great balance! Love it!

Thanks for playing along with us at Wplus9!

Elise said...

This is SUCH a delightful card and FANTASTIC use of Dawn's Color palette {AND stamps! :o)}! What fun! So glad you are sharing your talent with us! Yipeeee!

Sally Watkins said...

LOVE these papers! You did a fantastic job combining PP.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...