June 11, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch 72


Hi there! Another week is behind us, believe it or not. I'm so excited to see lots of progress being made on the deck we're having built--can't wait to enjoy some ice cold drinks out there on a hot summer day!

Today's card is for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. I've been well aware that I need to start making some Father's Day cards, but I'm waiting for some new stamps to arrive before I really tackle that project. Until then, I decided to use more paper from DCWV's Nana's Kitchen stack to highlight an activity essential to most men's existence: grilling!



This cute paper did most of the work for me, which is just perfect for a masculine card where you can't use a lot of go-to embellishments like ribbon and buttons. I distressed and inked the edges just a bit and ran the cardstock through my Big Shot with the Linen & Canvas impression plate from PTI to give it some texture.

Cardstock: Bazzill (kraft, blue)
Patterned paper: Die Cuts with a View (Nana's Kitchen stack)
Stamps: Martha Stewart Crafts (alphabet)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Ocean Tides), Ranger (Antique Linen)
Tools: EK Success (circle punch)
other: Papertrey Ink (jute twine)


The sentiment was spelled out with an alphabet set from Martha Stewart Crafts and stamped with Ocean Tides ink. For the inside of the card, I cut out a little grill image from the patterned paper to continue the theme.


This is just the sort of no nonsense card I think most men would appreciate. That's all I have for today, but I'll see you back here soon! Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...