June 17, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch 73 & Loonie Stampers 96


Hello! It's almost the end of another week! Today I have a card to share for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge using the colors for the Loonie Stampers Challenge. This is the first time I've played along with the Loonie Stampers, but color challenges are my fave so I just had to try it out.








I couldn't wait to ink up my new stamps from Prima's Cantaria and Iron Works sets. The damask patterns are so detailed and lovely and would make wonderful focal images or backgrounds. I used the biggest image from Iron Works to stamp in pink on the white background paper, then used a small damask image from Cantaria to stamp a subtle background in Versamark on Hibiscus Burst cardstock. That gorgeous chandelier is also from the Cantaria set and is embossed with clear glitter powder, although the lighting did not let me get a picture of that.

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Hibiscus Burst, True Black), Michaels (white)
Stamps: Prima (Cantaria, Iron Works), Papertrey Ink (Signature Greetings)
Ink: Clearsnap (black), Versamark, Martha Stewart Crafts (hibiscus)
Tools: Spellbinders (circle dies)
other: Stampendous (embossing powder), Me & My Big Ideas (rhinestones)


I added a sentiment from Signature Greetings by PTI and some rhinestones to sparkle it up a bit. The inside of the card has just a simple strip of Hibiscus Burst stamped with the small damask pattern.



That's all for me today! I'll be back with a simple Father's Day card tomorrow. Thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

Nerina said...

I love the way you've interpreted the colours and echoed the shape of the chandelier in your background stamping! (It almost has the feel of a positive/negative image!) Your bling is such a great finishing touch and the love you gave the inside of your card is the last word! Really elegant!! :0)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...