June 23, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch 74 & RCC#4




Hey there, friends! I thought I'd pop in on this steamy, hot day to share a new card with some bright, summery colors. This card was inspired by the Reader's Choice color combo at Kristina Werner's blog, and I used the Sweet Sunday Sketch of the week.








Cheerful colors, don't you think? I thought these would be great for a young child's birthday card. I layered a journaling sprout with the number 3 on top of some red stamped stars, then stamped another star onto orange cardstock with Versamark and heat embossed with clear powder. This one I layered on top with a yellow button. This block seemed like it still needed something, so I added the black line around the edges to finish it off.

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Spring Rain, Lemon Tart, Orange Zest, Stamper's Select White), Bazzill (royal blue)
Patterned paper: Jillibean Soup
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Star Prints, Background Basics: Tin Types), Fiskars (sentiment)
Ink: Clearsnap (Cranberry, Royal Blue), Versamark, Jo-Ann stores (white)
Tools: Fiskars (border, star punch)
other: Jillibean Soup (journaling sprout), Papertrey Ink (button), Stampendous (clear embossing powder), Sakura (pen), DMC floss

The red grid paper is from Jillibean Soup, and the royal blue cardstock is Bazzill stamped in white with a background from Background Basics: Tin Types.



I finished off the inside with a couple more stamped stars, some star punches, and a sentiment in blue from Fiskars.

Time to head off to the sprinkler park with the kiddos! Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Love this card! Love the design, the colors & how you finished the inside off!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a fabulous design! I love all that pinstriping and how you finished off the inside!

Niki Estes said...

What a fun card! I love the colors and design! The mix of patterned papers and all the stars are perfect!

Jenny said...

This is so cute! LOVE IT!! :) :) :)

Stephanie said...

I just love this!! What great design - the layout, masking, and different patterns....wowee!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...