June 18, 2010

CPS 171


Happy Friday! I'm on my way to Maine this weekend to escape the heat we're supposed to get and to visit with friends and my FIL. And speaking of my FIL, I have this little Father's Day card for him that I thought I'd share today. I used the sketch at Card Positioning Systems for this week.


Those diamonds immediately made me think of the sails on this sailboat stamp from PTI's Masculine Motifs. I borrowed an idea from Nichole Heady again and stamped the boat once with Enchanted Evening ink, then again to one side without re-inking. I decided to stamp the middle boat again on cardstock and cut it out by hand to pop it up on foam adhesive. I added some machine stitching below to mimic water and add some subtle texture. Oh, and I had to use the Linen & Canvas impression plate again to add that fantastic distressed look to the cardstock. Seriously, I {heart} the L&C plate!


all supplies from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted
Cardstock: Enchanted Evening, Stamper's Select White
Stamps: Masculine Motifs
Ink: Enchanted Evening
Tools: Linen & Canvas impression plate
other: thread (non-PTI)


In case you were thinking I forgot something, the sentiment is stamped on the inside of the card. It just didn't seem to fit anywhere on the front, and this way my FIL can leave the card out long past Father's Day. He lives to be on the water, and his home is filled with nautical themed decor, so I'm sure this will find a place!



That's all, peeps! Have a fantastic weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Perfectly simple, perfectly masculine Father's Day card. The stitching is FAB. I'm sure your FIL will love it! Enjoy the Maine weather!

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of this sketch! Love the card :D

Nerina said...

This is one fabulous card! I really love the focus on texture here - even the monochromatic stitched water - it's beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...