November 19, 2011

Embellish Leaves Color Challenge


Good morning!  I finally have a card to share!  It's been a long time since I played along with an Embellish Color Challenge, but I couldn't resist this one.  


These rich fall colors are so fantastic together.  I pulled out PTI's Harvest Berries to use the beautiful ginkgo leaves.  I stamped the larger images in Ripe Avocado onto a kraft card base.  Then I added some texture with the Linen & Canvas impression plate to the entire card front and selectively debossed a strip at the bottom with the Woodgrain plate.

Two strips of Enchanted Evening cardstock ground the design and a sentiment from PTI's 2009 Autumn Tags.

I die cut the small ginkgo leaves from Rustic Cream cardstock and stamped them with Ripe Avocado, then popped them up with foam tape and tucked them behind a Scarlet Jewel button.  A few randomly stamped red berries are the finishing touch.

All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless noted
Cardstock:  Kraft, Enchanted Evening, Rustic Cream
Stamps:  Harvest Berries, 2009 Autumn Tags
Ink:  Ripe Avocado, Enchanted Evening, Chianti (Clearsnap)
Tools:  leaf dies, Linen & Canvas, Woodgrain impression plates
Accessories:  Scarlet Jewel button, rustic jute twine

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I'm hoping to get around to your blogs this weekend to see what I've been missing.  Have a great one!

24 comments:

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christina! I keep telling myself I don't need this set, but your beautiful creations aren't helping!!

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous. I love how you did the leaves, some using the die and some not.

June K said...

Lovely card, Christina.

Maureen said...

Yummy Christina...you sure make those leaf dies and stamps sing :) I'm so glad I got them after seeing your gorgeous cards :) Love the bit of embossed woodgrain at the bottom...wonderful detail :)

Marisa said...

I've been resisting this set and you aren't helping LOL! Great take on the colours and lots of wonderful touches.

Chunyuan said...

Gorgeous card. Love the leaves stamped on cardbase and then small one popped up.

Karen B. said...

Oh my that is beautiful! Love how you've used the colors.

Jen W. said...

Love the two stripes and how you used your IPs on only parts of the card - so cool!

Lindsay said...

Totally gorgeous my friend! I love those leaves and the way you used the colors!

Jen Carter said...

This is so pretty! I love how you partial embossed the card base!!

Andrea M said...

Oh so beautiful!!! Love the layering of those leaves! I still haven't bought this set and EVERY time I see you use it, I want it so badly!!!

Cristina said...

Insanely gorgeous. The woodgrain just along the bottom, the dies layered with the stamps. Perfect design.

Michelle said...

This is gorgeous... love it!!!

Sara Mac said...

Wonderful card Christina! I really love the strips of Enchanted Evening against the Kraft. Such a great layout.

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love this to bits!

Aimes said...

A beautiful card for a challenge I'm finding hard to resist myself ;D
Hugs!
Aimes
x

LeAnne said...

This is just gorgeous!

xiumaiyuki said...

Stunning use of those colors and that Gingko leaves set. Gorgeous!!!

Lisa Petrella said...

BEAUTIFUL card! I really like the way you only embossed the very bottom of the card, and I LOVE the touches of red in the berries and the button!!!

Nancy said...

Beautiful card ause of the colors.

Jessica Wekenman said...

I love this card and how you did the embossing along the bottom with the blue strips to separate! This is at the top of my favortie stamp sets ever, and keep meaning to get the dies for it!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is absolutely stunning! LOVE the pure simplicity of your design and the way everything really stands out!

Chunyuan said...

Gorgeous desing. Love each elements on your card. Congrats on your shout out at Embellish.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats on your Embellish shout out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...