November 30, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays #29 & Get Inspired by Fashion Challenge in the Moxie Fab World


 Hi there!  My friend, Karen Baker, has a wonderful sketch over at the CAS-ual Fridays challenge blog this week, and this is one of the many challenges I've been missing lately.  I paired it up with this fashion inspiration in the Moxie Fab World, part of a week of challenges to celebrate their new special issue, Card Creations:  Get Inspired.



I wanted to capture the look of the houndstooth fabric in the photo, so I stamped PTI's Background Basics:  Houndstooth onto Vintage Cream cardstock, cut around it with pinking shears, and debossed it with the Linen & Canvas impression plate.  I added a stitched border to reinforce the fabric theme.
The jeweled brooch on the jacket inspired me to make a rolled flower with cream colored seam binding and a brad that had been gathering dust in my stash.  The leaves were cut with a Sizzix die from SU's Pear Pizzazz cardstock.

I stamped an elegant sentiment from WPlus9's Very Vintage Greetings on the cream card base, then debossed it with the other side of the L&C impression plate.  I popped the houndstooth panel up on foam dots and stitched a simple frame around it.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream), Stampin' Up! (Pear Pizzazz)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Background Basics:  Houndstooth), WPlus9 Design Studio (Very Vintage Greetings)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Pear Pizzazz)
Tools:  Sizzix (leaf die), Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate), Fiskars (pinking shears)
Accessories:  seam binding, brad, thread

I'm noticing that my photos once again look darker on Blogger than they did when I edited them, so just imagine them a little brighter.  *smile*

I'm home today with a sore throat, laryngitis, and two kids with pink eye, so it sounds like the perfect excuse to do some stamping.  Hope you find some time for yourself today, too!

Thanks for stopping by!

25 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh No! I hope you feel better soon!

This card just makes me sigh, it's so gorgeous! I LOVE the LO and the houndstooth stamp!

Lynn said...

Ahh...sounds like you need to curl up on the couch! I hope everyone feels better soon! Your card is gorgeous. I love all your stitching.

Marisa said...

Love it! The flower is fabulous and you could not have used the insp. piece any better! Congrats on your Case Study win too :)

Jen W. said...

Love the pinking shear edges and the stitching - such a great look!
Hope you all feel better soon!

Jean Martin said...

Oh no Christina! I hope you'll all start to feel better soon! This is a gorgeous card! Your cards always put a smile on my face. :)

Chunyuan said...

Gorgeous. Love the stitches on the panel and that rolled flower is so pretty.

Hope you and your dis feel better soon!

Gina Brandstetter said...

Your rolled flower is the perfect addition to your houndstooth print! Gorgeous card!

Robin said...

so pretty... love your take on the trigger!
Robin

xiumaiyuki said...

Love your houndstooth background with the pinking shear edges and the matchy brad.... and those pretty stitching!

Hope you'll feel better soon!

LeAnne said...

VERY cool.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Christina your card is FAB-U-LOUS. You certainly captured the both challenges! Love love love the color and the seam binding flower is perfection with the matching center brad. Beautiful! Hugs.

PS: Hope you feel better.. seems many have colds, and such right now.

Kara said...

oooo..love it!

Lavender Rose said...

I love the flower, the perfect finishing touch to an elegant and sophisticated card.

Nerina said...

This is so serenely sublime! I love the pattern and the shimmer on the flower together - and really see the inspiration piece here! (Not sure whether to say sorry you're not feeling well, if you're getting in some stampy time ;0)!!

Karen B. said...

Good golly, I hope you all start to feel better soon! Your card is gorgeous!

Laura Davis said...

Wow, stunning!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Friday!
Laura

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a wonderful take on those challenges - sooo BEAUTIFUL!!!

Smita said...

Get well soon all of you!!

Nice card!!

Hugs,
Smita

Virginia L. said...

Christina, Christina! This is absolutely beautiful!! LOVE your hounds tooth inspired card! Thanks so much for joining the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of your fab work!

Suzanne said...

This is just so wonderful and absolutely spot-on for this challenge! I vote WINNER!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

This is absolutely stunning - so simple, but full of such gorgeous details! wow!

veronica said...

love your card! the flower is terrific, esp that center!

Andrea M said...

I am in gingham heaven! Seriously - this just ROCKS! LOVE it! So pinning!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Christina! Thanks for linking this up to the Get Inspired by Fashion Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Susan said...

wow, you captured the essence of that elegant jacket in such a textural way. Very cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...