November 8, 2011

ColourQ #110 & Card Patterns #140


Hello, strangers!  It's so good to be back with a card to share, even if I did struggle to get back in the swing of things.  Since our power outage last week, I hadn't even walked into my craft space until last night.  Thank goodness the ColourQ has some wonderful fall colors to work with this week!  I love the look of traditional fall colors with a bit of cool blue thrown in, so this palette is just perfect.  I hope you'll play along this week!

To jump-start my mojo, I turned to the current sketch at Card Patterns.  It's been far too long since I played along with one of their challenges.


















This was the first chance I've had to ink up a new-to-me set from WPlus9, Season of Thanks.  I used Spellbinders' Labels 8 with PTI's Terracotta Tile cardstock, then stamped and heat embossed one of the large images from Season of Thanks.  I added the Peach Parfait circle behind it and a double-ended banner tucked in next to the sentiment.  The little stamped leaves are included in the Season of Thanks set, and the line borders are from PTI's Faux Ribbon.

The Pool Party panel is debossed with PTI's Woodgrain impression plate and stitched to the Soft Suede borders.  Some Cappuccino twine from The Twinery "ties" it all together.  Hee.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Pool Party, Peach Parfait, Soft Suede), Papertrey Ink (Terracotta Tile, white)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Season of Thanks), Papertrey Ink (Faux Ribbon)
Ink:  Versamark, Clearsnap (Terracotta)
Tools:  Spellbinders (circle die, Labels 8 die), Papertrey Ink (Woodgrain impression plate, double ended banner die), Fiskars (border punch)
Accessories:  The Twinery (Cappuccino twine), Filigree embossing powder, thread

I'm hoping to get back on track this week with stamping, as I have plans to send out a pile of Thanksgiving cards this year.  I told my hubby that I think Thanksgiving is like the middle child of holidays.  First comes Halloween, the fun and slightly rebellious one, and last is Christmas, which is secretly (or maybe not so secretly) everyone's favorite.  Poor Thanksgiving, living in the shadow of all those holiday store displays.  I can say all of this because I'm a middle child myself, of course.  *wink*  Anyway, you'll probably be seeing several more cards expressing thanks and gratitude over the next couple of weeks.

Thank you all for your patience during my absence from blog-land!  I hope you'll take some time to play along with the ColourQ palette this week, friends.  Have a great day!

19 comments:

Lynn said...

Christina, this is beautiful. Love the white embossed panel...stunning!

Lynn said...

PS You know you have me completed addicted to ColourQ now ?!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

How gorgeous! Love the white embossing.

Marisa said...

Great use of the colours, Christina! Love the maple leaves (surprise, surprise LOL!) and of course, the wood grain. Glad you are back in the saddle again :)

Unknown said...

Oh Christina, this is so so pretty! I LOVE the layers, the leaf banner & the woodgrain. Hope you and your family are fully recovered from your power outage! Hugs! :)

Maureen said...

so glad you are back safe and sound at home...hopefully no more crazy storms, although, it's the start of the season...ugh!! Getting my winter tires on today, we had our first skiff of snow yesterday. LOVE that debossed wood panel and the little strip of leaves...I'm just gonna have to play this week! ACK!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Chrristina. Love the fall leaves, the different shapes... the twine looks great. :)

Cristina said...

Yay! You've returned! I've been missing you. This is a beautiful card. As always, so impressed with how you used the colors. And you and W+9 is a fabulous combination!

Karen B. said...

Another stunning card and use of the colors. Glad to hear that you've carved out some time to craft too!

Lindsay said...

Love your use of those colors Christina! LOVE this card, and totally agree with the middle child analogy.

Jen W. said...

Glad to have you back, Christina! I LOVE that Give Thanks image stamped in white on the red card - it looks awesome!

LeAnne said...

Love this, Christina....what a beautiful set and you've used it in such a fun way! Glad you got your power back!

Shannan Teubner said...

I just had to come tell you how GORGEOUS this is!! WOW!

Jen Carter said...

This is so pretty!! Great color combo and I love your embossing!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So crisp and clean! I really like the punched border and the woodgrain embossing. So pretty! :)

Marlena M. said...

Such a beautiful fall card! ;)

Elise said...

Hi, sweetie pie! {Sometimes a girl just needs to catch up with the WORLD! Blogland understands!!!!} Meanwhile, WAY to come back with a bang! Holy GUACAMOLE - this is OUTSTANDING! Of COURSE - nice stamps, babe! {tee hee} but your use of composition is FABULOUS! YOU know how I love your work to begin with - JUST so happy you shared your creative mojo with Card Patterns! xoxoxo!

Laurie said...

Another gorgeous fall card! I love the design! You are amazing!

Andrea M said...

Oh the storms! Poor you!!! How long were you without power? That's awful… I can't believe we didn't get any snow up here in PEI… just rain.
This card is GORGEOUS! Such a perfect use of the challenge colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...