November 13, 2011

Celebrating Hobbies Challenge in the Moxie Fab World--National Sewing Month


Hi friends!  I hope you're having a great weekend so far.  Hubby and I got some Christmas shopping done yesterday, and by the time we were done I was exhausted!  But it feels good to have gotten a good chunk of it done.

Over in the Moxie Fab World, Cath spent a week celebrating the release of the new Paper Crafts special issue, 365 Cards.  Although I can't find it locally just yet, I thought I'd play along with one of the challenges issued during last week's festivities.  For the Celebrating Hobbies Challenge, you can make a card to give to someone during National Sewing Month.  While my card isn't specifically for that occasion, it definitely has a sewing theme!


I wanted to use a fall-ish color palette, so I chose Papertrey Ink's Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, and Aqua Mist.  I used PTI's Quilter's Sampler to stamp a quilt on a square of Rustic Cream cardstock and colored it with Copic markers.  I used the Linen & Canvas impression plate to give the panel the look of fabric, then stitched it to a Dark Chocolate mat.

A get well sentiment from the set was stamped on a double ended banner and embellished with a pair of scissors, also from Quilter's Sampler, that I cut out by hand.

All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless noted
Cardstock:  Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, Rustic Cream
Stamps:  Quilter's Sampler
Ink:  Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!), Copic markers
Tools:  Double ended banner die, Linen & Canvas impression plate
Accessories:  thread

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!  Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Marisa said...

Too totally cute!! Love the colour combo and well done cutting out those scissors!

Cristina said...

I love the warm color palette here! All those panels together almost look like stained glass. Really beautiful.

Karen B. said...

I absolutely love it when you break out the sewing machine for your cards (like the one I got to see in person yesterday, oh my dear goodness, thank you!) It adds such a lovely texture. Your card is beautiful, and perfect for the challenge!

Lindsay said...

This is totally fabulous Christina! LOVE the color palette!

Lavender Rose said...

The combination of colours you have used is fabulous, love the scissors too.

Lynn said...

Love the color combo you choose...and the quilted looking background is divine Christina!

Jen W. said...

Love when you use the Quilter's Sampler stamps - you always rock them!

Anonymous said...

so very sweet and lovely.

Ginny said...

Christina - you're killing me with this one!!! L-O-V-E!!!
You are a master at using this Quilter's Sampler set!

Sue McRae said...

Love these colours!

Jen Carter said...

Oh wow! Great job with this card! Love your colored blocks!

Virginia L. said...

This is one FABULOUS card! Beautiful in every way, Christina!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Christina! Thanks for linking this up to the Celebrating Hobbies Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...