November 22, 2011

ColourQ #112


Happy ColourQ day, friends!  Are you ready for a new challenge?  Check out these rich autumn tones:


I saw a kiosk in the mall last week that was selling triptych artwork, which inspired me to stamp an image onto three panels.  I chose Hero Arts' Tall Wheat rubber stamp, which I stamped in white using my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get it lined up just right.  I popped the panels up on foam adhesive on an Espresso card base, added a sentiment from WPlus9's Season of Thanks on a white cardstock strip, and embellished it with a chocolate button.  Quick and simple, but it packs a punch because of the wonderful color palette.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight), Papertrey Ink (white)
Stamps:  Hero Arts (Tall Wheat), WPlus9 Design Studio (Season of Thanks)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Early Espresso), Clearsnap (Frost White)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (button), DMC floss

I hope you'll play along with the challenge this week!  Don't forget to leave some love for the rest of the Royal Court DT while you're at it.

Thanks for visiting!  Have a great Tuesday!

20 comments:

Lindsay said...

GORGEOUS Christina! WOW! I just love the white image on those fabulous color blocks. This is such a lovely card!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh this is great way to spotlight the ColourQ colors...

June K said...

I love your Thanksgiving card. I like the white ink on the panels. Very striking.

June K.

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE this card, Christina! The white silhouette on the colours looks fabulous. Grea colour blocking too :) You made this combo shine!

Lynn said...

Happy Thanksgiving Christina! Your card is 100% gorgeous! Love the color panels!

Nadine said...

I love this card!!!

xiumaiyuki said...

Simply stunning!!! Love the gorgeous fall colors.... I'm so envious...*sigh* really wish we'd get a feel of fall here.

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is STUNNING!!!!

Karen B. said...

So bold, striking and earthy! What a perfect combination. Thanks too for sharing your inspiration for this card, reminds me to enjoy what is around me.

Ginny said...

Couldn't be any prettier!!! I had to pin it right away. This is phenomenal!

Heather Rogers said...

This is so pretty. I love the different colored panels. :)
Hugs~

The Paper Parade said...

Eye-yi-YI! I love this card! Oh the color blocking, the boldness of the colors and the layout? FAB!!!!!! I am totally taking this idea, Christina, you always give me such wonderful inspiration :)

Andrea M said...

*GASP* AHHHHH!!!! THis is running girl! WOW! LOVE IT!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! LOVE those color blocked panels, Christina, especially stamped in white! Yummy!

WinterBerry Glen said...

beautiful card. I love the wheat stamp!!!

Sara Mac said...

This is a wonderful card. Really just perfect! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Christina.

Jen W. said...

*Sigh* This is so beautiful! Love the white on those rich colours and that button is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

just one beautiful card. love the colors and the simple yet amazing design.

Marlena M. said...

Colorful palette indeed! Beautiful. ;)

Michele Gross said...

I love this! I've had a wonderful stroll through your blog :) You have a fabulous and versatile style!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...