November 21, 2011

Peace Tag for Christmas


Hi again!  Just popping in tonight with a tag I made a while back that I happen to love.  *smile*

I stamped snowflakes from PTI's Peace Be Still in white onto a kraft tag, then added some accents with a white pen.  Once the ink was completely dry, I stamped the word "peace" and heat embossed it in white.

The ornament was die cut from Aqua Mist cardstock and stamped with a coordinating solid image from Vintage Ornaments using Versamark Dazzle ink, which has a hint of shimmer.  I stamped one of the decorative bands onto Sweet Blush cardstock, cut it out, and adhered it to the ornament.  I dotted silver Stickles in the center of each starburst, used the white pen to add a "string" to hang the ornament, and tied some white satin ribbon onto the tag with jute twine.

All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless noted
Cardstock:  Kraft, Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush
Stamps:  Vintage Ornaments, Peace Be Still
Ink:  Versamark Dazzle, Frost White (Clearsnap), Pretty in Pink (Stampin' Up!)
Tools:  ornament die, Tag Sale 1 die
Accessories:  Stickles, white embossing powder (Stampendous), white pen (Inkssentials), jute twine

I hope your week is off to a great start!  I have lots of blog-hopping to catch up on, so sorry to keep it short tonight.  Be sure to check back tomorrow for a new ColourQ challenge and Day 6 of my week of giveaways!

10 comments:

Karen B. said...

So very beautiful.

Marisa said...

I can see why you love this tag - I do too! Fabulous colour combo and loving those snowflakes on the kraft.

Jen W. said...

The giveaways were fun but glad to see your creations back on display! Love all the little details on your tag - the white dots, the Stickles, the twine - fabulous!

Lynn said...

This is lovely Christina. I love the non-traditional Christmas colors! and all the touches of extra white are perfect!

Andrea M said...

Oh Christina! I just adore this tag! I love the white snowflakes stamped on kraft as well as the beautiful pastel ornament!!! Gorgeous work!

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous tag Christina! I LOVE the colors and the background snowflakes!

Ro said...

Beautiful tag!

Suzanne said...

LOVE thhe details with the white pen! This is a fantastic idea and I am definitely going to try it!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a peaceful and serene, holiday, color combo! LOVE!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous tag. I love that ornament and the fabulous colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...