September 7, 2011

Make it Monday #31


Hello friends!  It's been a while since I played along with PTI's Make it Monday challenge, so I made a little time for it after work yesterday.

This week's challenge is to make a background using a non-background stamp.  I chose a branch image from Turning a New Leaf.

The branch was stamped repeatedly onto Rustic White cardstock using ink that is a close match to Melon Berry.  I added some scattered berries (from Harvest Berries) in burgundy.

The panel was adhered to a Scarlet Jewel base, and a punched Ripe Avocado border was added along the right edge.

I chose a sentiment from Healing Touch Sentiments and a frame from Mat Stack 1 Collection and stamped them onto the coordinating mat stack.  A die cut branch frames the sentiment, and a strip of scored Scarlet Jewel cardstock helps to ground the sentiment panel.

The design seemed a little heavy on the left side, so the Ripe Avocado button was added for balance.

All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless noted
Cardstock:  Scarlet Jewel, Ripe Avocado, Rustic White
Stamps:  Turning a New Leaf, Healing Touch Sentiments, Mat Stack 1 Collection, Harvest Berries
Ink:  Papaya Cream, Chianti (Clearsnap)
Tools:  Mat Stack 1 die, branch die (Sizzix), border punch (EK Success), Scoring board (Martha Stewart), corner rounder (We R Memory Keepers)
Accessories:  Ripe Avocado button, DMC floss

I hope you're having a great week so far!  Thanks for stopping by today!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

so gorgeous, you always nail it!!!

June K said...

Christina, such a lovely card. All your creations really inspire me. Thanks for sharing.

**June K**

Sara Mac said...

What a beautiful card Christina! I love the rich colors and the layout you chose. Great idea to add the button for balance.

Heather Rogers said...

Your background paper turned out so pretty. I just finished watching the video on Dawn's blog. I might have to play along. :)
Hugs~

Cristina said...

I love what you do with color. So unexpected and yet so perfect. How's work going? I hope you're adjusting and enjoying it!

Lynn said...

Christina, I love how you used non-traditional colors for the background. Gorgeous and perfect color tones!

Karen said...

Sigh! Christina you do such a beautiful job with each and every card you make! I just love your style and this one is no exception!
Great job chicki!

Karen
x

Suzanne Russell said...

What a beautiful color combo, Christina! Every detail fits so perfectly with the next.

Laurie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and the background That little border adds so much! Amazing as always friend!

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely Christina! The colors are so pretty and cozy.

Dr. Ivy said...

Gorgeous card. I was wanting to play and not sure what stamp set to choose. This was a good choice, with pretty colors.

Becky Carafa said...

So beautiful! I love the leaves stamped in a non-traditional-leaf color.

Shelly said...

Such a lovely card :O)

Shelly X

Nance Leedy said...

Lovely, I thought the bg was patterned paper! Great choice of colors and I love the branch. Perfectly balanced with the button too. ((hugs))

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Christina. The rich Scarlet Jewel looks gorgeous with the soft pink. :o)

Andrea M said...

Hello sweet friend!!! Hope all is well!!! We're almost all settled in to the new digs. We just unpacked my craft room today!!! YAY!!!
This card is STUNNING!!! WOW! You sure know how to work those colors! A-MAZING my friend! So glad to be back "visiting" - I've missed you :)

Lindsay said...

Love love love this Christina! The colors are fantastic and I adore that leaf background! Hope all is well, hugs to you my friend!

kasia c. said...

LOVE that background you stamped! The colour combo is just gorgeous, I love the addition of the leaves and that little matching border. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...