September 12, 2011

Tuesday Trigger: Garden Glory


Hey, look at me!  I made a card!  *smile*

I was looking forward to the weekend so much, thinking I would get lots of crafting done.  Too bad my mojo booked a vacation.  I had the hardest time getting anything to work on paper, but I finally finished a card for the current Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World:


This shouldn't have been so difficult for me.  After all, these colors were practically screaming my name!

Enough complaining.  How about some details?  I started with an Aqua Mist card base, which I stamped and heat embossed with a frame from the Mat Stack 1 collection and a sentiment from WPlus9's Very Vintage Greetings.  The fonts in this set are divine!  The frame is meant to reflect the color and shape of the chair back in the photo.  The whole panel was then debossed using PTI's Linen & Canvas impression plate.

As an ode to the green and white pattern on the chair, I die cut two strips of Victorian Lace border from New Leaf cardstock and adhered them to a strip of white.  I love the graphic pattern that results.  The strip is layered over Dark Chocolate cardstock embossed with woodgrain, like the dark brown table in the photo.

To pull in the botanical print on the pillow, I stamped a morning glory from Very Vintage Greetings and colored it with Copics, then cut it out and popped it up on foam dots.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Dark Chocolate, white)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Very Vintage Greetings), Papertrey Ink (Mat Stack 1 Collection)
Ink:  Clearsnap (Frost White), Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip), Copics
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Woodgrain, Linen & Canvas impression plates, Victorian Lace border die)
Accessories:  Stampendous (embossing powder), buttons, DMC floss

I hope to settle into more of a routine this week that involves some stamping time!  It's so hard to get in the groove after not doing it for several days.  Does that happen to you?

Thanks for stopping by, my friends!  Have a great start to your week!

29 comments:

Lynn said...

Christina, Gorgeous! I am in love with what you did with the border...and I love the white frame around the flowers...absolute perfection!

Piali said...

Gorgeous!! Love how you used all the colors of the inspiration.

Karen B. said...

Your cards are always so amazing, whatever you pick up and work with turns into magic. I don't think that your stamps take notice if you've been gone for a while. This card is gorgeous and so very perfect for the trigger. I hope your job is going well too, been thinking of you!

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely scrumptious, Christina!! I didn't attempt to make this one, but you definitely have my vote on this! Just stunning!

Marisa said...

Love how you picked up the bold pattern with the horizontal die strip and the white outline by the flower is fabulous. Great take on the trigger!! Have a wonderful week.

Marlena M. said...

Your card is amazing Christina! I love the border and the way the flower is highlighted. ;)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Christina! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Cristina said...

PERFECTO! I so wanted to play along with this one, but everything I tried was like eh, um... no. You make it look so easy, though! Glad you got some stamping time. :)

Unknown said...

love that bold green patter you created with those borders, so awesome!!!!

Patrice said...

Love your choice of colors

Kara said...

really pretty christina!!

Ginny said...

Beautiful card! I especially like the pattern that the Victorian Lace border dies make!! Really catches your eye. And the mat stack frame on the Aqua Mist card stock absolutely mirrors the back of the chair. Just perfect, Christina.

Karen said...

oh my lordy me!!!! This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love how you have combined so many different elements and textures to the card Christina!

What a masterpiece!

Karen
x

kari bell said...

reversing/stacking those Victorian dies was brilliant. i haven't seen that yet. what an effect!

Lindsay said...

Sigh...this is heavenly Christina, in every way! The colors, the texture, the LO...sheesh, you are goooood!

Jean Martin said...

Oh my goodness! This is beautiful!!!! I love what you did with the die cut borders! gorgeous!

Rae said...

This is very pretty. Nice take on the trigger!

kasia c. said...

I LOVE what you did with that mat stack stamp! And the border die border....amazing!
You are the MASTER of PTI stuff! Your flower is gorgeous too. :)

Nance Leedy said...

Uber creative and absolutely STUNNING! Perfect trigger card. ADORE ever last detail. Your creativity is amazing!

Andrea M said...

WOW!!! This is SPECTACULAR!! Love your take on the colors and the border die is amazing!!! WOW!!! You ROCK!!!

The Paper Parade said...

Okay, why did I never think to use the border die that way....it is fabulous! And the colors on this card are so striking. As usual, you never cease to amaze me, Christina :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my, holy goodness! This is absolutely stunning! The words to express as much have been knocked right out of me! Beautiful design, girl!

Jessi Fogan said...

Gorgeous! I love that flower, and the frame around the sentiment..the layout...simply beautiful!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful take on the trigger, Christina! Congrats on your win!

Jeanne J. said...

First CONGRATULATIONS on the Tuesday Trigger! Your card is beautiful! I love how the green trim at the bottom and the button at the top really pop!

Linda Beeson said...

Oh wow! What a stunning use of the Trigger! LOVING your green border and congrats on the shout out at Moxie Fab.

Kimba's Kreations said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

Yvonne Garner said...

Bravo! Mojo intact I think! Congrats on your win. Beautifully interpreted! Best, Yvonne

Jean Martin said...

I got this gorgeous card in the mail Christina! Thank you sooo much! You're such a thoughtful friend. :) Mwah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...