September 4, 2011

CR84FN37 & JUGS #100


Hello there, friends!  Sorry it's been quiet around here this week, but I'm finally back with a card for a couple of challenges.  The first is the color challenge at CR84FN which includes some lovely shades of blue plus a neutral.  The second started out with the 100th sketch at Just Us Girls, but after I'd finished it I realized I left out the horizontal strips behind the oval.  Oops!  Still, I thought I'd link it up to help them celebrate their milestone!





















The idea for this card came because I wanted to send a card to my sweet friend Andrea, who is currently on her way across the country to her new home on Prince Edward Island.  She is a member of the design teams for CR84FN and JUGS, so I thought it would be fun to combine these two challenges to make a card for her.

The house and sentiment come from PTI's Boards & Beams colored with Copics.  I inked the oval Nestie with tea dye, then adhered it with foam dots to a Hawaiian Shores panel debossed with the Woodgrain impression plate.  A brown ribbon and buttons add the finishing touches.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Rustic White, Dark Chocolate)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Boards & Beams)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip), Papertrey Ink (Tea Dye duo), Copic markers
Tools:  Spellbinders (oval die), Papertrey Ink (Woodgrain impression plate)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (buttons), ribbon, DMC floss

I hope my American and Canadian friends are enjoying a long Labor Day weekend!  I'm currently visiting my FIL in Maine and hope to have a chance to go sailing tomorrow morning before we head home.

Thanks for stopping by tonight!  Have a good one!

23 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my Christina! This is gorgeous! Very well done! Take care my friend!

Virginia L. said...

SO beautiful! I really like how you used the yummy colors for this design!The shading is gorgeous! Happy Labor Day weekend to you, Christina!

Marisa said...

LOVE the wood grain in the BG, Christina! Perfect wtih the house and the button placement is perfect! Wonderfully done :)

Jean Martin said...

Wow!!! I've been staring at this for a while now. :) Gorgeous!!!!

Karen B. said...

What a fabulous card for Andrea, you are a master at coloring too!

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous color combination and stupendous coloring skills, my friend! Fabulous, as usual. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Sue Lelli said...

Christina, WOW! I made a card with this set for Andrea, too! (Although I haven't mailed it yet!) It was so SWEET of you to combine these two challenges in her honor! LOVE your card! LOVE the woodgrain! LOVE that it's for dear sweet Andrea! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Kim O'Connell said...

There is no better "new home" stamp set than that one. Love it and you showed it off beautifully! Love the color scheme and that debossed woodgrain panel!

Laurie said...

Awesome card! I love the color combo! And the woodgrain in the background looks great! So many great details!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Christina. Love that house... and the sketch is perfect. Great use of the colors. :o)

Jinny Newlin said...

This is so pretty, Christina! LOVE what you've done with these colors, and that woodgrain background really ties every thing together. Just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Christina! Love the woodgrain background panel behind the house.. Andrea will love this! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Ginny said...

This is SUCH a beautiful card. The colors you chose are awesome...I love the yellow in the windows and the woodgrain embossed background. Stunning!!

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous layout and beautiful card. The house is coloured so nicely - just love the wood grain texture too! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous---I love the colors in that challenge and your shading is wonderful! How exciting for Andrea--PEI is on my list of "Places to Visit"! Hope you had fun sailing, too!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Love the soft shading around the house image! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Lisa Petrella said...

LOVIN' the looks of the woodgrain embossing behind the house image!!! Great take on the challenges!!!

Heather Rogers said...

So cute Christina. The house is darling and you did a fab job coloring too. Thanks for playing at CR84FN! :)

AKiteFlier said...

Absolutely darling card and how very sweet of you to make this for our sweet Andrea!! She is a peach and will LOVE this. Thanks so much for joining JUGS for our #100! We appreciate the support and participation.

The Paper Parade said...

I just love the bold colors! Everytime you use this set, you make something so awesome with it. It really makes me want to get it myself ;)

Elise said...

*CLUNK!* {THERE she goes again!} THIS is astonishingly beautiful, darling girl! MEOWWWW! Love your use of the Just Us Girls Sketch - THANK YOU, sooooo much, for joining us this week and celebrating the big 100 with us!

Andrea M said...

Are you serious? This positively RADIANT creation is coming my way?!?! I saw this beauty and I was absolutely dumb-founded - but when I saw that you were sending it to me… oh happy day!!!! Christina, this is GORGEOUS!! You combined both challenges PERFECTLY!!! I cannot wait for the mail now!!! You are the sweetest thing ever!!! Thank you my wonderful friend! I am so thankful for you :) This is one of my favorite stamps sets too!!!

THANK YOU!!!! You are the BEST!!!

The Paper Parade said...

Did you know that you are the reason that I just ordered this set???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...