September 20, 2011

ColourQ #103


Welcome back, friends!  It's a dreary day here, so I'm more than happy to be sharing some cheerful hues for this week's ColourQ challenge.  Wouldn't these dishes brighten up anyone's day?


The florals had me thinking immediately of Stampin' Up!'s Fabulous Florets.  After a few trials on scrap paper to get the right placement, I stamped the leaves with Pear Pizzazz in the bottom left corner of a white cardstock panel.  I added the large solid blossom in Wisteria Wonder.

It's hard to tell in the photo, but the large open flower is stamped in red and the smaller flowers are stamped in Calypso Coral.  I cut these out and popped them up on foam dots.

The sentiment is from PTI's Signature Greetings, and the whole panel has a pretty texture from the Linen & Canvas impression plate.  I adhered it to a Wisteria Wonder card base and wrapped some gorgeous Coral ruffled ribbon around the top.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Wisteria Wonder), Papertrey Ink (white)
Stamps:  Stampin' Up! (Fabulous Florets), Papertrey Ink (Signature Greetings)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral), Clearsnap (Scarlet)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate)
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! (ribbon)

This card is on its way to an amazing friend of mine.  I think she'll like it!

I hope you'll play along with us at the ColourQ this week!  Be sure to check out the samples from the rest of the Royal Court DT and link up your creation to be in the running for Colour Queen.

Thanks for visiting today!  Have a good one!

18 comments:

Judy said...

Such a pretty card, I love the blue background, and the flowers just gorgeous.
Judy

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Just stunning!

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the colours. Those flowers are gorgeous.

Maureen said...

what a totally yummy card!! What a lucky friend you have :) Love all the stamped flowers and that ribbon really pops...I have the perfect ribbon for this one too :) Hope the weather clears for you...we have sunshine, but cooler temps :)

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous card Christina! Love that classic LO and your flowers are so pretty!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous way to use the colors and this set!

kasia c. said...

Christina you totally rocked these colours! I love the stamped background and the popped up flowers are gorgeous. :)

Karen B. said...

I very much like visiting peoples blogs that make me smile, and just seeing your card made me smile. Thank you so much for sharing your talent here!

Lynn said...

Completely love this color combo...and the way you popped the flowers up...beautiful and I am sure your friend will love it!

Vickie Z said...

Perfect flowers and excellent use of this color combo!!! Lovely card!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW! Love the dimension you've created by popping some of the flowers, they're lovely, and the colors are very fresh and pretty! Great card!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Christina! I love how you used those colours!

Cassandra said...

Just stunning Christina. The design is perfect for these colours. Lucky recipient.

Marlena M. said...

This card is so pretty! I love that sentiment...your friend will love it. ;)

Jen Carter said...

So pretty!! LOVE how you popped up some of the flowers and that you kept that white! That is a great look!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

OMG this is beautiful.. the colors jsut POP! One of my favorite sets and a keeper! Hugs.

Andrea M said...

This is STUNNING!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! Girly you ROCK!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is absolutely stunning! I so miss playing with you guys! I feel like I'm still in catch-up mode from our vacation! Ugh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...