September 22, 2011

Card Patterns #133


Hi there!  I've been working on this card a little at a time for the last few days.  So glad to see I'm not too late to enter it for the sketch challenge at Card Patterns!


When I saw the three background panels, I decided I wanted to try something I saw Jennifer McGuire do for Inspiration Showcase, using an embossing folder for a faux letterpress technique.  I inked up both sides to create positive and negative versions of the pattern, then stitched the panels to a piece of Wisteria Wonder cardstock.

The die cut panel is stamped with a label from Waltzingmouse's Vintage Labels 18 and a sentiment from WPlus9's Very Vintage Greetings and heat embossed.

I rolled a few cardstock flowers and adhered them to the label with some die cut kraft leaves.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Lemon Tart, Kraft, white), Stampin' Up! (Wisteria Wonder)
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse (Vintage Labels 18), WPlus9 Design Studio (Very Vintage Greetings)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Wisteria Wonder), Versamark
Tools:  Sizzix (embossing folder, leaf die), Spellbinders (Labels 18)
Accessories:  Michaels (pearls), Stampendous (embossing powder), thread

This card will go out to my parents for their anniversary next week!

Thanks for your visit, friends!  I hope you're having a great week.

14 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Gorgeous!! I love the rolled flowers!! Very, very pretty!

Marina said...

I love how elegant this card is! The flowers and leaves goes so well together :) Good luck at CP :)

kasia c. said...

WOW! The technique turned out beautifully. I love your panels, also the stitching adds the perfect touch. :)

Lindsay said...

Ohhh girl! I LOOOOVE this card! Unexpected color combo and so much detail, it's gorgeous! Great job!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

GORGEOUS! LOVE those flowers with the pearls centers! Great color choice... just beautiful. hugs

Karen B. said...

So beautiful, and I really like how you've mixed the stamps there!

Marisa said...

Love those rolled flowers!! Great colour combo and use of the sketch :)

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!

Mandy LaCroix said...

I LOVE viewing your blog! It's inspiring and motivating to see all the creative pieces! (Especially how you fit it in with 2 little ones!)

To say thank you, I have chosen your blog to pass along an award.

You can view the post at
http://wmlacroix.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-award-who-me.html

Thank you! Have a great weekend!

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Christina. I love your rolled roses. :)
Hugs~

Elise said...

THAT IS A WONDERFUL TECHNIQUE! perfect to showcase your stellar use of the Card Patterns sketch, and heaven help me, THOSE FLOWERS! Thanks for sharing your delightful work with Card Patterns!

Laurie said...

Absolutely stunning! I heart those flowers!!

Andrea M said...

GAW-JUS m'dear!!! I love the purple!!! The rolled flowers and kraft leaves are awesome!!! Another beauty!

Amy Kolling said...

Your rolled flowers turned out beautifully Christina! This EF technique is fun......gives such a great look! I need to try it again....it's been awhile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...