September 16, 2011

Horizontal Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World


Well, hello again!  Thanks for stopping by tonight!

I just couldn't resist playing along with the Horizontal Sketch Challenge for Card Ideas Week in the Moxie Fab World.  After all, Cath was so sweet to share my first published card on her blog as an example of this sketch!


This time I flipped the sketch horizontally because it seemed to work better with the teacups from PTI's Tea for Two Additions.  I used papers from DCWV's Amber Autumn Stack to die cut and stamp the cups, then added some basic shading with Copics.

I stamped the tea bag and a sentiment from Tea for Two Additions, then the phrase "warm wishes" from Tiny Tags onto a Lemon Tart cardstock panel.  I debossed the edges of the panel with the Diamonds impression plate to frame the cups, which are adhered with foam dots.

The yellow panel is mounted on a kraft card base with a strip of patterned paper along one end.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Lemon Tart, Kraft)
Patterned paper:  DCWV (Amber Autumn Stack)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Tea for Two Additions, Tiny Tags)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Diamonds impression plate, teacup die), Martha Stewart Crafts (Scoring board)

I'm off to rest, as I have been battling my first head cold of the season.  Yuck.

Have a wonderful weekend!

15 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a warm, welcoming card, Christina! LOVE those colors! Just perfect in every way!

Oh, no! I hope you feel better soon! My thoughts are with you!

WinterBerry Glen said...

Just beautiful! I love new sketch ideas. Hope you feel better soon. Take Care!!!!

Heather Rogers said...

So cute! I love that set and this is adorable. :)
Hugs~

Heather Rogers said...

BTW...Congrats on your win over at PTI. What a prize. :)

Unknown said...

so cute, love that little tag hanging out of that tea cup!! just realized that you won this months PTI contest!! how lucky are you? congrats on the BIG WIN! you must be so excited to get all those goodies!!!!

martina's kaartjes said...

wow ! this is just perfect ! love it very much ! thanks for sharing
greetigns, martina
x

Robin said...

Fab card... love the colours!
Robin

Lindsay said...

This is fabulous Christina! I love the warmth and colors!

Virginia L. said...

So warm and inviting, Christina! ANOTHER perfect take on the sketch!! Your work has been so inspiring! Hope you have a great weekend!

Marisa said...

Sooo cute! Love the paper pieced cups and the little tag. Great card!

Smita said...

Oooooh! I just love this card! Those tea cups are too cute :)

Hugs,
Smita

kasia c. said...

Christina this is awesome! I love that patterned paper edge and how the papers of the cups are seen on the edge also. Gorgeous!. :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Those tea cups are precious! You picked perfect tiny patterns to use for them. Lovely card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Christina! Thanks for linking this up to the Horizontal Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Jen Carter said...

I love that you used the tea cups for this sketch and also how you used the impression plates as borders! Fun patterns too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...