September 19, 2011

Card Ideas for Paper Crafters Vertical Sketch Challenge & CTD #159


Hello there!  I'm happy to say that the worst of my cold is behind me, and hopefully this will be a productive week.  I'm just sneaking in a card for the Vertical Sketch Challenge over in the Moxie Fab World.  I paired it up with the current colors from The Color Throwdown.


I started by cutting a heart from a scrap of paper, then traced it onto Cherry Cobbler cardstock three times and cut out the hearts.  Two are debossed with a music score and the third is stamped with PTI's Background Basics:  Sheet Music.  I sponged the edges of all three hearts with black ink for definition.

The black cardstock panel is also debossed with the Music Score impression plate, with a sentiment from WPlus9's Spring Post heat embossed in white in the bottom corner.

The top panel is white cardstock stamped with Background Basics:  Houndstooth using Pacific Point ink.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Cherry Cobbler, Pacific Point), Papertrey Ink (True Black, white)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Background Basics:  Sheet Music, Background Basics:  Houndstooth), WPlus9 Design Studio (Spring Post)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Pacific Point), Clearsnap (Frost White), Inkadinkadoo (Black)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Music Score impression plate)
Accessories:  Michaels (ribbon), Stampendous (embossing powder)

There you have it:  a not-too-girly love note well ahead of Valentine's Day.  I think the houndstooth helps to tone down the mushiness.

I hope you have a great week ahead of you!  Thanks for spending a little bit of it here with me!

6 comments:

Karen B. said...

Gorgeous and sophisticated card, a nice change from the sometimes frilly love cards.

Marisa said...

Way to use those bold colours, Christina. Love the musical score on the hearts. Great card! Glad to hear you are feeling better now too :)

kasia c. said...

This is fabulous! I love that it is sort of nontraditional "love" card. The embossed notes paired with the stamped notes is awesome. :)

Jen W. said...

Awesome take on the sketch! Love how the centre heart is stamped and I am really coveting that houndstooth stamp...

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Christina! Thanks for linking this up to the Vertical Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Andrea M said...

LOVE these fabby colors - so bold and amazing! Gorgeous card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...