June 15, 2013

Weekend wish list

Hello friends!  I have a different kind of post today.  I thought it would be fun to share some of the cool items I've been eyeing around the web.  I'd love to know what you think, and maybe I'll make this a regular feature.

Here's this week's wish list:

I don't eat pie or any other sweets, but I'm thinking of hosting a pie party just to serve up slices in these darling favor boxes with paint dipped wooden forks. Aren't they sweet?

From A La Modo on Etsy

I love simple.  Especially when it comes to jewelry.  I stopped wearing my diamond engagement ring years ago (mostly because it seemed excessive while changing diapers) and now only wear my gold wedding band, except on special occasions.  So the understated design on these stacking rings really appeals to me.
From SoftGoldStudio on Etsy

Have you heard?  Nautical is totally trendy right now.  Perfect for a gal like me, whose husband happens to study whale behavior and loves the ocean.  So I'm thinking this octopus wall hook would look right at home at our house.

Eight-Arms Hook from Anthropologie

What are you coveting this week?  I'm always on the lookout for unique gift ideas and cool sites for window shopping, so feel free to share your links in the comments.  :)

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous. Love to see the eye into your wish list. I am picking up a floral arrangement I had made for my dining room this morning. It has been years since I've had anything made and we just repainted the room...so it's already bought...just need to pick it up!

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina I love your post, I enjoy seeing what what caught your eye. Those rings are gorgeous. Off inn hunt of a fabulous Father's Day gift for my Dad, needs to be something really different from a book or a tool he doesn't need. I am thinking nautical..will keep you posted.

Renee said...

You had me at nautical! :)
For a farm girl in the South...
I've always loved nautical...
I think it has something to do with navy stripes that usually accompany it...
but I could live at the beach...
I would!
And a pie party sounds fabulous!
Hosting book club in a week or so...
maybe we'll have a few different pies to try while we talk about probably everything but the book! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Christina, I love your post! You had me at pie and that sweet little box and painted fork was enough for me. I gave up sweets but I would not mind smelling the aroma for them. The rings are sweet too and I love that octopus hook, this is something my mom would love!

Maureen Merritt said...

How fun! I never a got a traditional wedding band, I opted for a band that coordinates with my sapphire and diamond engagement ring. I regret that, LOVE it, but regret not having a band! I have been looking at ones similar to what you posted! I love the simplicity.

Happy Dance said...

I take my little grandkids to a diner in Middleton, where the pie is amazing. This box would make them just giggle! Love that. And at first I thought the rings were bangles...that would be a cool idea as well. What a wonderful post! I've seen similar hooks, though not the octopus one. It would be so fresh by the back door! Have a good week. Bev

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Christina love your post and the ideas are fab... but how the heck do you not eat sweets. I think I covet that right now... to NOT want sweets like you! hugs.

Jeanne J. said...

Great pics Christina - I have always dreamed of living by the sea and having a home full of nautical themed items - that Octopus would be fab!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...