June 6, 2013

Rainbow card set for teachers


My son's last day of pre-K was a couple of weeks ago (sniff, sniff), and I made a colorful but simple set of cards for each of his teachers.

All of the cards use the pencil image from Papertrey Ink's Happy Trails.  Three of the cards have the sentiment "just a note" from Ribbon Tails.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White), Stampin' Up! (Real Red, Lucky Limeade, Tangerine Tango)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Happy Trails, Ribbon Tails)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Real Red, Lucky Limeade, Tangerine Tango)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Double Ended Banner die, Linen & Canvas impression plate), corner rounder

The other three cards use the "thank you" sentiment from Papertrey's Vintage Picnic.  I added texture to each card base with the Linen & Canvas impression plate.


Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White), Stampin' Up! (Not Quite Navy, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Happy Trails, Vintage Picnic)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Not Quite Navy, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Double Ended Banner die, Linen & Canvas impression plate), corner rounder


I wrapped the stack of cards and envelopes with some baker's twine and slipped them into a kraft bag, which went into a gift basket with flowers picked out by my little guy.


Here's a closer look at the tag, made with Papertrey's Tag Sale #3 die and Vintage Picnic.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White), Stampin' Up! (Concord Crush)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Vintage Picnic)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black), Copic markers
Tool:  Papertrey Ink (Tag Sale #3 die)
Other:  The Twinery (baker's twine)

My daughter is still in school until June 26, so I may be doing another set of cards for her teacher later this month.  I'll be sure to share if I do.

Thanks for visiting today!

14 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

OMG what a cool Teacher gift! It almost makes me wish my daughter was still little....NOT!

Guess I'll just have to make for my grandkids!
hugs.

Marisa said...

These are adorable!! Love all the different colours. Yes, the year end school crunch is upon us! Yikes!!

Rhonda said...

Going in the inspiration file Christina. So cute!

Lindsay said...

Oh how happy those teachers must have been! What a fabulous and generous gift to give them, Christina! I LOVE the design on the cards and that tag is so sweet. How ya been? Great I hope! Hugs, my friend.

Jean Martin said...

What a perfect Teacher's gift! Gorgeous set! :)

Renee said...

Christina these are fabulous!!
Perfect for teachers...
and OMGosh...the basket!
I love it...and I know she did too!
What a gorgeous gift! :)

Ginny said...

FANTASTIC set of cards for a teacher! And then to top it off with such a wonderful presentation - so classy!!

Cassandra said...

I have just pinned this great card set. I do this for my daughter's teachers too and they really appreciate it. The basket of flowers is the perfect touch.

Joyce said...

What a fabulous design for a card set. And, the presentation just takes it over the top. Now, I am remembering that you had told me you were doing something with those pencils--I'm pinning and stealing this for sure. And, you stamping is just perfect--how did you do that so many times?

Happy Dance said...

The teachers are going to love these! So simple and so fun. I'm betting they will love seeing these in that special basket. Really cute. Bev

Kristie Goulet said...

Great set of cards for a teacher! LOVE!

Sharron said...

Wow, lucky teacher! What a fabulous thank you gift! Those cards are SO cool and your tag is gorgeous!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...I am with Joyce and will in pinning and stealing this idea. What a wonderful and clever idea and a gift any teacher would love to receive.

Jill Norwood said...

Love this card set and your sweet basket idea! I really want to case this whole idea from start to finish! :) so sweet and thoughtful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...