June 8, 2013

Class of 2013


Hey friends!  I hope you're having a great weekend so far.  I've had a little bit of stamping time today, and boy am I rusty!

I wasted an incredible amount of cardstock making this.  The first version I made was perfect, until I smudged it with a blue fingerprint.  The next few attempts, I couldn't get the numbers lined up.  But I finally succeeded and managed to keep this one clean!

I made this card for our neighbors' daughter, who is graduating from high school this weekend.  The school colors are royal blue and white, and I was pretty limited in what I could use since the only royal blue item in my craft room was this ink from ColorBox.

The stripes on the base are from Avery Elle's Knotty.  I used Papertrey Ink's For the Graduate to add the graduation cap and "class of", masking the hat before stamping the border.  I also added texture to the die cut layer with the Linen & Canvas impression plate.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (For the Graduate), Avery Elle (Knotty)
Ink:  ColorBox (Royal Blue)
Tools:  My Favorite Things (By the Numbers dies), Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate), corner rounder

We're off to my daughter's softball playoff game this afternoon, and as much as I'm rooting for her team, I'm secretly looking forward to the end of the season and a bit more time to breathe.  LOL!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE this! Hate it when your card if perfect and then a smudge happens. UGH, I feel your pain.

Happy Dance said...

Gorgeous! Worth all the paper in the recycle bin. Better colors than my granddaughter's--green and gold...No white to temper it. But this is great. She'll love it, I'm sure! Bev

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina this is fantastic, Ii love that blue! Such a fun grad card.

Joan B said...

beautifully made!

Cassandra said...

Just gorgeous Christina - simple but so striking.

Aimes said...

Awesome design, Christina! Lovin' those stripes and the way they coordinate with the stripes either side of the sentiment too!
Hugs!
x

Lindsay said...

Soooo fabulous Christina! Love the negative space!

Lynn said...

I have one more graduation card to make and I am thinking I'll CASE this Christina...it's fabulous!

Renee said...

Love it!!
It's absolutely perfect! :)
And I feel you on the softball...
we just got in from teeball...
it's over Tuesday!
Whew! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Christina...this is simply amazing! I love that you used the negative space and those blue stripes, so perfect!

Marybeth said...

I so know what you mean get it all done ,its perfect and then get an ink smudge on it! Uggg!
This is perfect and I think I will be using your idea to for the graduation cards I need to make. Love your design!

Kara said...

Awesome!! Loooove your design!!

Marisa said...

LOVE this!! Well done on perservering! Ball takes a lot of time so can appreciate your "aaaahhhh" moment when the season is over ;)

Karen B. said...

Cool and trendy!!

Nancy said...

Love this "grad" card, simple but so effective, know the feeling of those darn smudges!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Christina what a cool and clever card! Love the whole idea I love the peek-a-boo letters.

I do hate when I smug something or get inky fingers on it... I do it all the time, but I never think of "designers" I follow as ever making a mistake!
Hugs

Sharron said...

Awesome!! LOVE your design! The negative die cuts and all those stripes are so striking!

Ginny said...

I can't even express how much I love this card! Perfecto!!

Jeanne J. said...

This is so cas but wow so many details and tricky maneuvers - the die cuts and lining up everything just perfectly - would have taken me a whole stack of paper! Really understated because I know all the work that would go into this one Christina - just wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...