October 12, 2011

Carbon Copied & CR84FN40


Hello out there!  You're in for a special treat this morning.  I am absolutely thrilled to be posting alongside my friend Karen Baker from The Bald Dragonfly as her guest for Carbon Copied.  This is a fun little feature on Karen's blog where she and another designer use the same stamp set and same challenge, then post their creations at the same time.  You can read more about it HERE.  

Karen and I decided to use a favorite pair of stamp sets, WPlus9's Woodgrain Silhouettes and Additions, along with the color challenge at CR84FN.





I used just Woodgrain Silhouettes to create my CAS card, as well as a couple of other WPlus9 goodies.  First I used the Label Layers 3 die to mask and stamp a woodgrain frame onto kraft cardstock.  A gorgeous sentiment from Very Vintage Greetings was stamped directly on top of that, then the panel was debossed with PTI's Linen & Canvas impression plate.

I stamped the flowers (from Woodgrain Silhouettes) onto cream cardstock and cut them out by hand, then adhered them with foam dots.  A few red pearls and a red satin bow add a punch of color.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Kraft, Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Woodgrain Silhouettes, Very Vintage Greetings)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip), Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (ribbon), Queen & Co. (pearls)

I can't wait to see what Karen has created with the same stamps and color combo--it is sure to be inspiring!  Make sure you hop over and leave her some love.

Thanks for inviting me to play along this week, Karen!  And thanks to everyone else for stopping by today!

23 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous!!! I love what you've done...great fussy cutting and stamping! Carbon Copied is such a fun feature!

Lindsay said...

LOVE love love Christina! Such a gorgeous card and a really great design too!

Lynn said...

Absolutely lovely design Christina! I love the pops of red with the ribbon and pearls. Stunning...and so fun that you are playing along with Karen!

Karen B. said...

Wow. I knew your card would be amazing. I really like how the bow is balanced by the marvelous cutting of the crocus image, and the subtle woodgrain pattern behind them is the perfect touch. You really know how to make each set shine when you pick them up and make a card or project. Thank you so much for joining me in a Carbon Copy post! Thank you!

Dawn said...

Could this be any more amazing?! LOVE. Hmmm...I'm thinking a die cut for that image would be amazing....

Cristina said...

Bravo for your fussy cutting! The light margin looks so beautiful against the kraft. And love your woodgrain mat that frames the flowers.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Beautiful and I really should fussy cut out those flowers, stunning. Love the woodgrain as the background.

Marisa said...

Fabulous card, Christina! Love the touch of wood grain, the pop of read of the ribbon tied in with the red half pearls and the flowers are great - well done with the cutting!

Jean Martin said...

Oh my girlie! You fussy cut like a pro! This is beautiful! Now I want to play too! :)

Chunyuan said...

gorgeous card. Love the masked woodgrain panel for the flowers.

Diane Jaquay said...

ummm, didn't know you were a professional cutter lol!!! Wow, I thought for sure Wplus9 had come out with dies for those stamps, amazing!! Love your card, Christina, elegant simplicity for sure!!!

Lynn Put said...

Wonderful card Christina! I love the red bow and pearl accents with the pretty popped up flowers and woodgrain!

Kara said...

This is just gorgeous !!!

Nance Leedy said...

OMG, this is a stunner Christina! Love the woodgrain stamped through the nestie and the combination of the fussy-cut stems and the overstamped sentiment are just divine! Absolutely gorgeous, my friend!

Michelle said...

What an absolutely beautiful, elegant card, Christina! I love it.

Jenny said...

I just love this card too, beautiful composition :)Jenny x

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Thank you for the inspiration, come check out my card :)

Anonymous said...

I found you thru Karen and I just love your style. so crisp and clean. Fabulous card.

Virginia L. said...

So stunning!! I love love the woodgrain and the colors! what a great pair-up that you and Karen did!

Dr. Ivy said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Wow!! Love the colors together and the textures.

Laurie said...

I could stare at this card all day! I love these colors! The woodgrain is amazing in the background and wow! I love this card! A lot!

Amy Kolling said...

Hi Christina!!!I adore how you've stamped the woodgrain and I'm loving me some Wplus9 stamps lately! Fabulous card!

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful design! Awesome fussy cutting, and I LOVE the woodgrain and touches of red pearls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...