October 4, 2011

ColourQ #105


Hello again, friends!  It's ColourQ day!  

I'm sorry I haven't been around for the last week, but I just got back from a long weekend in Indiana for my brother's wedding.  We had a wonderful visit with family, but I missed being able to participate in the World Card Making Day festivities, and coming around to see what all of you have been up to.  I hope things are great in your corner of the world!

For this week's ColourQ challenge, Arielle has chosen another combo that I never would have come up with on my own, but I love it!  Combining black and brown can be a challenge, but they look striking together on the chair in this inspiration photo:


I really like the look of the multi-colored leaves on the chair, so I used that as inspiration for my leaf-stamped background.  First, I stamped two outline leaf images repeatedly onto a white cardstock panel.  Then I cut the panel into four strips and stamped them with the coordinating solid leaf images in Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz, and Wisteria Wonder.  

To assemble the background, I adhered the stamped strips onto a black card base, leaving a thin margin between them.  For the sentiment, I die cut and stamped a frame from WPlus9's Very Vintage Greetings, then stamped a sentiment from PTI's Healing Touch Sentiments and another solid leaf image as an accent.

The label is popped up on foam dots over a loop of black satin ribbon, and I added two black buttons to the top corner for balance.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (True Black, white)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Woodgrain Silhouettes, Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions, Very Vintage Greetings), Papertrey Ink (Healing Touch Sentiments)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip, Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizzazz), Inkadinkadoo (Black)
Tools:  WPlus9 Design Studio (label die)
Accessories:  ribbon, buttons, DMC floss

I hope you'll find some time this week to play along with the challenge!  I'm off to peruse the hundreds of unread posts in my Reader before I head off to work.  Thanks so much for your visit today!

17 comments:

Lindsay said...

GOOOORGEOUS Christina! I love those leaves in the inspirational colors and your design is lovely!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous take on the colors and I love what you've done with the panels. And I appreciate the sentiment, as I'm battling a cold.

martina's kaartjes said...

what a great card !!! thanks for sharing
greetings, martina
x

Marisa said...

Loooove how you worked these colours, Christina!! Glad to hear you had a good time at the wedding too :)

Sue McRae said...

Wow, I love how you incorporated the colours into your clever design!

Karen said...

Christina this is BEAUTIFUL! I am so noting down that colour combo cause it really appeals to me!

Hope your brother had a beautiful wedding day!

Karen
x

Gina Brandstetter said...

Beautiful way to stamp this card! Looks Awesome

Lynn said...

Hope that the wedding was perfect! This card is gorgeous Christina...I love this color combo!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful design, and great distribution of the colors.

Danielle Daws said...

I adore this!

Unknown said...

Christina, this is amazing. I'm with you, I would have never put these colors together...but they sure work.

Nance Leedy said...

This is classic Christina...crisp, clean and fabulous! Love your use of these yummy colors and I love how you've lined up the leaves at the seam of each panel, what a fabulous touch! Glad you had a good time, you've been missed!

kasia c. said...

Glad to hear you had a good family visit.

This card is incredible! I love the panels and the off stamped outlines. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

Ginny said...

So, so pretty! I love how you designed this card...great idea to have the two outer panels in the choc chip and leave the black for the background. I probably would have felt I needed to do a panel in black, and it wouldn't have worked at all! Thanks for showing me another way!!

Amy Kolling said...

I don't know how you did all that perfect stamping Christina! It is so lined up! Love the colors and how you did these panels!!!

The Paper Parade said...

Beautiful! You always make the colors look even better than the original photo. You amaze me!

Jenny said...

Beautiful bold colourful leaves Christina...I adore this design :)
Jenny x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...