October 11, 2011

ColourQ #106


Good morning!  I hope my Canadian friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.  We had a gorgeous long weekend for the Columbus Day holiday here in the U.S., which fell on my son's birthday this year.  But it's back to work today, and I'll be confused about what day it is for the rest of the week!

I did manage to remember that today is Tuesday, which means a new ColourQ challenge!  I think I would carry a backpack every day if I could get one this cute:


This seemed like a perfect combo for a Halloween card, which gave me a chance to use more of the $1 stamps I found at Michaels a few weeks ago.  I don't do cute cards very often, but I just can't resist images like this at Halloween!

This card was fairly quick and easy to make.  I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the images on a white cardstock panel, colored them with Prisma pencils, and blended with OMS.  The open circle border is from PTI's Faux Ribbon, and I originally planned to fill the circles with bling, but decided against it in the end.  The sentiment is from Tiny Treats:  Halloween.

The panel is matted and stitched to a piece of Summer Sunrise cardstock, tied with Mandarin twine from The Twinery, and adhered to a Basic Gray card base.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Summer Sunrise, white), Stampin' Up! (Basic Gray)
Stamps:  Studio G (vampire, witch, mummy), Papertrey Ink (Faux Ribbon, Tiny Treats:  Halloween)
Ink:  Inkadinkadoo (Black)
Coloring medium:  Prismacolor Premier pencils, odorless mineral spirits
Accessories:  The Twinery (Mandarin twine), thread

I hope you'll find time to play along with the challenge this week and check out the rest of the inspiration from the always-amazing Royal Court DT.

I have a special post lined up for tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!  Thanks for your visit today!

16 comments:

Suzanne said...

It's adorable! I may have to head on over to Michael's and look around for these $1 stamps! Perfect touch with the black stitching - I am too lazy to change the thread on my machine. LOL!

Virginia L. said...

BEAUTIFUL take on the colors! I love the color mix for these cute stamps! The stitching and twine details are absolutely perfect! You should do more cute cards more often as I love this!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I think you do cute well, and what a fun sentiment. I try to resist the $1 bins, but perhaps I should look more closely next time :)

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! this is so cute!!

Marisa said...

Beyond cute! Love the images and touch of twine.

Lynn said...

Christina, I love how you just added touch a of coloring..so adorable!

Jean Martin said...

Gosh Christina this is sooo cute! :)

Lindsay said...

This is adorable Christina! Love this card!

Karen B. said...

You do fun and cute so well!

Ginny said...

What a great Halloween card! Great way to incorporate those colors. Love how that sentiment is between all those "o's" . I hope I'll get a chance to try this color challenge.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Cutest Halloween card, EVER!! Love how you placed the sentiment and the fabulous stitched border. Very fun! :)

Michelle said...

Christina, this card is just adorable!

Jenny said...

They are just the cutest halloween characters :) Fab card!
Jenny x

Jocelyn Olson said...

This card is just so cute! Your coloring is fabulous!

Laurie said...

This is too stinkin' cute! I love it!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh goodness these images are too cute! My daughter *had* to have some of these from Michael's too! Love love love your black stitched border!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...