October 18, 2011

ColourQ #107

This is my second post for today--please scroll down for Karen's virtual birthday party & blog hop!



Hi there, friends!  Are you getting in the Halloween spirit yet?  In our house, we love Halloween and throw a costume party every year that just seems to keep growing.  It's coming up this weekend, so I've got to get busy planning a menu, finding a costume, and making goodie bags for the kids.  It's always fun, but a bit stressful until it's all done.

This week's ColourQ challenge is another bright and festive combo that called out for another card using my cute Halloween stamps from Michaels.


I've seen a few designers use a "filmstrip" recently, and I thought it would be a fun idea to CASE on this card. 

I would have liked to use a larger sentiment, but I was shocked to realize that I don't have any Halloween greetings besides those in PTI's Tiny Treats:  Halloween and Tag-its #7.  So I stamped the bats and a star (also from TT:  Halloween) framing the sentiment to keep it from getting lost in all of the white space.

The card front and colored squares are debossed with the Linen impression plate for a little bit of texture on an otherwise flat and easy-to-mail card.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso), Papertrey Ink (white)
Stamps:  Michaels (vampire, witch, mummy, bats), Papertrey Ink (Tiny Treats:  Halloween)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Early Espresso, Rich Razzleberry), Copic marker
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate)
Accessories:  Queen & Co. (rhinestone)

Be sure to stop by the ColourQ blog for the rest of the DT samples and to link up your creation!

Thanks for visiting!

14 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Christina! This card just makes me smile and I love the film strip look!

Maureen said...

lol, I don't mind if you drink MOST of the martinis ;) We can always get more! LOVE the little trick or treaters and how they are randomly stamped...very sweet and cool card! I can play with these colours this week ;) Silently bowed out last week!! LOL

Marisa said...

This is adorable, Christina :)

jen said...

so cute!!! sounds like a really fun party!!!

Cindy Major said...

Your card is awesome! I really love those cute little Halloween characters!!

Suzanne said...

Oh my, Christina! You + these stamps = awesomeness! Every card you've made with them is amazing! I like the small sentiment, especially with the added stars. So cute!

Karen B. said...

Is it ok to giggle out loud? Because I did at this card, it is so unbelievably ca-hute! Love the bright, bold and not too scary Halloween colors. Such a cute card!

Kim O'Connell said...

Loving' the film strip! Love these colors, too! Think I just may have to play along with week!

Ro said...

I simply LOVE what you did with those stamps! Your card is so very cute =)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great Halloween card Christina. Love those color blocks with the sweet images. The bats looks perfect. :o)

Heather Rogers said...

How cute Christina. Love those darling little images. :)
Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Too too cute. Love the little windows for the faces.

The Paper Parade said...

I've loved these little guys so much ever since you started showing them, so I just had to get some for myself! They are so adorable :)

SueB said...

I picked up these dollar stamps as well, and never thought to use them like this; thanx for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...