October 25, 2011

ColourQ #108


Hello, friends!  It's Tuesday morning, and you know what that means--a new color palette to get your mojo going over at the ColourQ challenge blog!  I hope you can tolerate one more Halloween project from me, because I got just the inspiration I needed yesterday in the form of happy mail from WPlus9.  I was the lucky winner of A Pocketful:  Halloween during a recent contest on Lea Lawson's blog, and I was excited to sit right down and ink it up for this week's ColourQ.  Thanks, Lea!


I started with PTI's spiral notebook die on white cardstock, which was then stamped with lines in So Saffron using Mini Scrapbook Series:  Library Ledger.  I stamped the bats directly on top of that, and the little spiderwebs were stamped in opposite corners.  Since I don't have the pocket stamp or die that coordinate with this set, I used a label cut from Peach Parfait and stamped with a cute Halloween sentiment from the Pocketful set.

The Daffodil panel is textured with the Linen & Canvas impression plate and stitched to a Peach mat, then adhered to the Black card base.  I popped the notebook page up on foam dots, added some peach gems, and tucked a strip of Saffron ribbon under the label to finish things off.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait), Papertrey Ink (True Black, white)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (A Pocketful:  Halloween), Papertrey Ink (Mini Scrapbook Series:  Library Ledger)
Ink:  Inkadinkadoo (Black), Stampin' Up! (So Saffron)
Tools:  Spellbinders (Labels 18), Papertrey Ink (spiral notebook die, Linen & Canvas impression plate)
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! (ribbon), Queen & Co. (gems), thread

I'm thinking these colors could work well for a Thanksgiving or fall-themed card, too, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. 

Be sure to stop by the ColourQ blog for all of the challenge details and to see the rest of the DT samples!

Thanks for visiting today!

20 comments:

Laurie said...

What an amazing creepy but ridiculously cute card! I love that stitching!! This card design is so fun Christina!

Suzanne said...

I want this stamp set so badly! I love it here! You've made this color combo look so easy, Christina! I love the black stitching and the ribbon!

Dawn said...

Sorry for the slight delay on receiving the set Christina. But I am so glad to see that you are enjoying it! What a wonderful display of how it can be used solo even though it is a companion set. Great design!

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the colours, especially incorporating all the yellows. Love the stitching too :) Congrats on your W9 win too.

Jenny said...

Brilliant eye-catching card Christina, these colours look fun :)
Jenny x

LeAnne said...

Cutie patootie!

Marybeth said...

Wow , your card is beautiful. Love this Halloween card!

Karen said...

This is an awesome card Christina! Now I must have me that spiral notepad die! lol

Karen
x

Sara Mac said...

WOW what a card! There are so many wonderful elements here Christina. Your awesome stitching caught my eye right away. Love that notebook die. Did you get your PTI winnings yet?

Unknown said...

so cute, I love your stitching!

Karen B. said...

Super cute! Love those bats flying in wonky directions! Great colors too for a Halloween card.

Andrea M said...

Well blow might socks right off, why dontcha!!! This card is AWESOME!!!! WOW! Love the use of these colors! A most beautiful Halloween card!!!

Amy Kolling said...

I so want this set to go with my pocket set.....well, I'll have to just look at your lovely card here and wish I had it! Awesome design and great use of these stamps!

Maureen said...

eek, LOVE that stitching!! And that notebook page die...one of my fav PTI's dies :) I bet your kids are getting excited about Halloween!

Lindsay said...

Such a spook-tacular card my friend! LOVE the stitching and your LO is fun and fresh!

Marlena M. said...

My eyes are drawn to the ribbon treatment and awesome stitching. Wonderful work, Christina! ;)

Virginia L. said...

I simply adore the placements of all the images!!Just fabulous and perfect in every way!

WinterBerry Glen said...

I just love, love, love your style! You make the cutest cards on the block, IMHO. It's those little things that you do like that zig-zag stitching, the labels you use, and of course just the way you balance your colors. Great job!

Anonymous said...

This is so fabulous, I love the bats and all your perfect little element additions and the stitching! Wonderful.

Lisa Petrella said...

TOTALLY SPOOKTACULAR!!! LOVE the stitching details!!! And that notebook focal point with the bats and swirls and bling is ROCK STAR!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...