August 9, 2012

Cloud9 Blog Hop--August

If you're looking for the CASE Study Second Anniversary Blog Hop, click HERE!


What an amazing group of participants we had in the first Cloud9 Blog Hop!  I hope you had a chance to join us, but if not, you can jump right in with this month's challenge.  Just be sure to use at least one WPlus9 image in your creation, then link it up at the Cloud9 blog.

Suzanne has provided us with a fantastic sketch to use this month:


I was stumped for a while, but the "strips" in the sketch made me think of the banner image from Super Star, so that's where I started.  I also needed a little help choosing colors, so I turned to this week's ColourQ challenge (scroll down for the graphic).


I couldn't help it, I had to use A Pocketful again.  :)

I masked the banners before splattering Summer Starfruit ink across the card front, then added the sun and die cut pocket.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Midnight Muse), WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Super Star, A Pocketful)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green, Certainly Celery)
Tools:  WPlus9 Design Studio (pocket die)

Here's the ColourQ palette for this week:


Don't forget to link up to the Cloud9 Blog Hop!  I can't wait to see all the brilliant takes on this sketch.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

23 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is marvelous, love the pocket full of sunshine and your splatters!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Oh how cute is that! I love the pocket full... and never thought about the sun in the pocket. How cute! hugs.

Lynn said...

I must pull this set out again. Adore the stamped banners.

Marybeth said...

So cute Christina! You and Sharron sure are on the same page today :) Your cards are always so fresh and clean… love that!

The Paper Parade said...

I don't blame you, Christina, pocketfull is so cute! I love that a sunshine is coming out of it :) What an all around fun card!

Joyce said...

What a fun card. I never get tired of that pocket--and I am loving all your super cute banners.

Karen B. said...

You know what my most favorite part about this card is? How those stripes in the banner line up. Amazing sense of detail you've got. Great card!

Suzanne said...

I gasped when I saw this Christina! Then I thought, DUH! Of course those stamps would make the perfect banners!!! And it's all done sooo perfectly. I love the addition of the splatter too!!! Thanks so much for being a part of this with me!

Tracey McNeely said...

I love the splatters across the card. Pocketful is such a cute stamp set I think I would use it again and again. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ.

Lori said...

This is too fun! Love the little splatters of ink and the sun peeking out from the pocket.

Sharron said...

Wow, Christina--we were definitely on the same wavelength today! Love your stamped banners and those colors work great! I can see I'll probably be reaching for the pocket set a lot--so many fun ways to use it!

PatQ's Cards said...

Great card. Love all the detail you have on your card.

Kara said...

Really cute!! I love that you used the ColourQ colors:) Thanks for joining us this week!

Kim S said...

Hey! I used the same colors and stamp set before the post was even up with your card. I am THRILLED to think that I have even some small amount of your creativity!!

Renee said...

It's fabulous!!
Love the colors...
and I still die over that pocket...
I almost used it too! :)
Glad I didn't since you did though!*giggle*
Love those paint splatters...
just gives this card such a "fun" feel!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh, this is great! Sunshine bursting from a pocket! Great way to use the colors. Glad to see you at colourQ!

Danielle Vincent said...

A pocketful of sunshine - how very wonderful! Love it!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Christina, love the way you used the colors! Happy to see you with us again at the colourQ! Have a wonderful weekend!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful design, Christina! Love the splatter and placement of the images!

Unknown said...

Christina! I am in LOVE with that denim looking pocket! So glad you did use it! Super cute with the sun and the splatters, and it was SO GOOD to see your name in the Gallery this week! Miss you bunches, girl! *BIG hugs*

anya said...

Christina, these banners were the perfect choice for this sketch! I love how wonderfully balanced everything is. These are fun colors together, too! Great take on this!

Jean Martin said...

LOVE this Christina! The pocket stamp totally looks like denim! And the paint splatter is perfect for it! :)

Nerina said...

Love the free and fun idea with the spatters!! (I bought this set because of you ... probably time to try and use it :0)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...