August 31, 2012

The 12 Kits of Christmas--August


It's time for the monthly installment of The 12 Kits of Christmas!  Our wonderful hostess this month is Kim, and she sent a beauty of a kit (photo courtesy of Kara):


This kit was full of gorgeous papers and trimmings as well as a lovely soft color palette.  I found myself going super clean and simple with my cards this month, but I look forward to revisiting this kit in the near future to make use of some of the other goodies Kim provided.

The first card is my favorite.  I have always liked aqua and pink for a non-traditional holiday color combo.  I wanted the card to convey a feeling of peace to go with the die cut word, so I simply heat embossed a poinsettia in white onto the card base, debossed it for subtle texture, then added the word and some spots of white Enamel Accents.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush)
Stamp:  Waltzingmouse (Big Bloom Poinsettia)
Ink:  Versamark
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas impression plate, Wonderful Words: Holiday die), corner rounder
Accessories:  Ranger (Enamel Accents), Filigree (embossing powder)

The next card uses one of the adorable digital images Kim sent.  I thought the petite size was perfect for a smaller 4 1/4 inch square card, and I love the pop of color against all of the white.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Digital Stamp:  Pink Petticoat
Ink:  Copic markers
Tools:  Sizzix (embossing folder), circle punch

My last card feels like it needs something, but I wanted the word to really stand out against this fantastic embossed snowflake background that Kim provided.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Sweet Blush, Autumn Rose, Vintage Cream)
Stamp:  Papertrey Ink (Signature Christmas)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Basic Gray)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Wonderful Words: Holiday die), Cuttlebug (embossing folder), paper piercer

That's all for now, but I will be playing more with this kit in the near future.  As always, I can't wait to see what the other gals have done:


Suzanne:  The Card Yard
Kara: KandRDesigns
Sharron: OnPapillionWings
Jeanne: AKeptLife

Thanks again for a wonderful kit, Kim!

16 comments:

The Paper Parade said...

Oh wow, Christina! I really love the first one. That poinsettia on the blue with the word right on top is stunning! The second one is sweet :) Love how it stands out on that embossed background! And you definitely let the background shine on the last one..love the subtle stitching, too. Awesome job this month!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous cards...love all the embossing on the last one...and the first one is divine...CAS beauty!

Kara said...

great cards christina! the simplicity of the first is peaceful! love the texture on the 2nd and the piercing on the 3rd!!

Aimes said...

Oh you're so going to be cool, calm and collected during the Holiday season while I'm up to my eyeballs in stamps and ink! LOL!
Gorgeous cards! That first one is a real beauty! ;D
Hugs!
x

Renee said...

They're all fabulous...
but I knew they would be! :)
I have to say the simplicity of the first one...
WOW!!
LOVE it!! :)
The cute, whimsical 2nd one...
the texture on the 3rd...
they're all gorgeous!

Joyce said...

Three wonderful cards. I love them all. That poinsettia embossed in white is so stunning on the card base, and I love the simplicity of the other two cards.

Maureen said...

oh, CAS but with all that texture! Gorgeous! I always love the monthly posts :)

Tracey McNeely said...

All such gorgeous card Christina. Kim sent a fantastic kit this month! That digital image is so fun.

Marybeth said...

Stunning cards, Christina! I think a lot of us made a 4x4 card with those sweet images. Love your 4x4 embossed with tree card. The embossed poinsettia with the PEACE is beautiful! Hope you take a break this labor day. :)

Jeanne J. said...

Christina these are gorgeous - all so clean and understated. I love the aqua with the poinsetta in white with the sprinkle of gems, teh embossing behind your sweet Christmas tree, and the stitching on the Holiday Greetings. So clever to stamp a sentiment under the "holiday"! The blush background is beautiful against the white and words in rose. Well done!!

Cathy Weber said...

Before I forget...love the two cards that were white on white. That combination always looks so elegant Christina. I love those white embossed poinsettias with the pearls and the pace diecut. It is really a calm and serene card. I also really loved the embossing folder you used with the Christmas tree. Very pretty and elegant cards this month. Great job, I loved them.

Sharron said...

Beautiful, Christina! I love the embossing and the simplicity of the last two with just a single image or sentiment taking center stage! And the first one is stunning! Love the poinsettia and those little enamel accents.

Kim Heggins said...

Christina, I agree with you and your first card is my favorite too. I love the look of the poinsettia stamped in white with the pink peace over the top with the white pearls, just so stunning! But really all of your cards are just amazing and that sweet little tree, just too darn cute...love it on the white embossed background paper. Christina all of your cards are so beautiful!

Suzanne said...

I am so crazy about that first card that I don't know what to say! Christina, you did such a great job with this kit, but those enamel accents on the first one paired with the embossed flower - stunning!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh I missed these, love those PTI die cuts.

Amy Kolling said...

Christina....Your enamel accents were the PERFECT touch for that image! So elegant and makes a statement! I love that stuff! And I think after this kit, I may *need* those word dies! LOL Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...