August 17, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays #66--Splish Splash!


It's Friday!  Yippee!  Do you have any weekend plans?  We're heading up to Mt. Washington on Sunday and going to an amusement park to celebrate my daughter's 7th birthday, which was Wednesday.  I can't wait!

There's a super fun theme for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge--we want to see your clean and simple creations that have been inspired by the water!  Whether it's the ocean, pool, or pond, we hope you'll get your craft on and share your results with us this week.


Our sponsor this week, offering up a gift certificate to the winner, is Stop and Scrap!  Be sure to visit their online store, where you'll find loads of beautiful papers and accessories to feed your crafting addiction.
This is the first time I've had a chance to use the Guiding Light dies from WPlus9.  I used them to cut out the starfish and sand dollar from Peach Parfait cardstock, and I love the detail on the sand dollar in particular.

The large lighthouse image and stripes were heat embossed in white on a Marina Mist panel, which is framed by thin strips of Peach cardstock and mounted onto a white card base with foam dots.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Marina Mist, Peach Parfait), WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Guiding Light), Papertrey Ink (Birthday Basics)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Marina Mist, Peach Parfait), Tsukineko (Versamark)
Tools:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Guiding Light dies), Papertrey Ink (banner die)
Accessories:  Filigree (embossing powder)

I really love how this turned out, and it's already on its way to my dad for his upcoming birthday.  :)

Hop on over to the CAS-ual Fridays blog to find out more about this week's challenge and prize, and to see what the rest of the Girl Fridays have cooked up!

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back with a special post in a few hours, so feel free to come back and check it out.  ;)

Enjoy your Friday!

11 comments:

Paulina said...

Love this card, Christina! I need to pull out the Guiding Light stamp set again- I forgot how beautiful that lighthouse is!

Unknown said...

Such a fabulous layout!

The Paper Parade said...

I love how this turned out, too! It reminds me of when I lived near the coast in NC :) Love the colors together. Your dad will like it. Have fun celebrating your daughter's b-day this weekend!

Aimes said...

Fabulous card, Christina! I love the super CAS layout!
Hugs!
x

Jen W. said...

I love this colour combo and you're the reason I've bought most of the WPlus9 stamps that I have! Have fun at the amusement park on Sunday! :)

Anonymous said...

This is awesome Christina! I have a lighthouse die and some shell dies... I'm inspired to make it CAS TFS!

Kara Lynne said...

What a gorgeous, fresh feeling to this card. Just got back from vacay and leaving again, so I feel like I'm missing so much!

MarcyK924 said...

Christina - I am in L.O.V.E. with this card! Just saw this over on CAS-ual Fridays and I just swooned! I pinned it ASAP! What a beauty!
Marcy K xo

xiumaiyuki said...

A perfect CAS! Those colors are perfect together.

Nerina said...

So striking - I love the use of the blue and orange together. Simple and sizzley!

Ginny said...

Oooh la la - how pretty is this! Great design! Hope you had a fun time at the amusement park - I'm sure your daughter did!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...