October 21, 2013

Paper Smooches--Let's Chill


Last week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge was a a fun sketch, and although the challenge ended yesterday, I thought I'd share my take on it anyway.  I forgot to include the scattered star element and really couldn't make it work once my card was done, so it's just as well that I didn't link it up.  :)


I got the Memory Box Pine Border Background Die recently, and I had Paper Smooches' Swanky Snowdudes in mind when I ordered it.  Don't they work perfectly together?  I cut the pine border from chartreuse felt and added tiny clear gems to make the trees look festive.

I cut the snowy hills by hand and layered them, brushing clear glitter along the top edges.  The snowdude was also cut by hand and popped up with foam tape.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Pool Party), WPlus9 (White)
Stamps:  Paper Smooches (Swanky Snowdudes)
Ink:  Memento (Tuxedo Black), Copic markers
Tools:  Memory Box (Pine Border Background die), Sizzix (snowflake embossing folder)
Other:  Papertrey Ink (felt), Zig (Wink of Stella clear glitter brush), clear rhinestones

We're enjoying some beautiful fall weather here at the moment, but I know those chilly winter days will be here before we know it.

Thanks for visiting today!

19 comments:

Aimes said...

Super cute! Love the decorated trees in the background! :)

Lyndal said...

LOVE, LOVE the felt trees Christina!!!

Alanna said...

What a great card Christina. So darling.

Kara said...

so cute! i love the ps snowmen!

Marisa said...

Adorable!! Love the felt trees with the bling on them adn that snowman is too cute :)

Happy Dance said...

This is amazing! Love this blue shading on the snowman and those felt trees!! Really great card, and I hope you don't mind if I pin this. Bev

Susan Clare said...

What an adorable card! Love!!

Kay Miller said...

Oooooh I love this!! The little snow guy does look great with your Memory Box die! I need that die now! haha! So cute!

Marybeth said...

What a fun card! I love this set of stamps and the felt trees look great! Love the bling … I made something today with my felt! I have to remember to use the felt on a card because it looks great!

Maureen Merritt said...

Too cute :)

Jenny said...

Just so cute!!... I love the trees cut in felt :0)

Sharron said...

Sweet card! Love that PS snowman! And your decorated felt trees are wonderful.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Oh how cute is that snowman dude!Love the felt trees too. hugs.

Tracey McNeely said...

Absolutely adorable Christina, I love the felt trees!

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet...I love that snow dude and your felt trees, fabulous!

Shelley said...

Love the trees and the sparkle you added. The snowman is just a plus...love snowman. It actually snowed here yesterday!

Joyce said...

This is so very cute. I love the way you colored your snow dude. And, those felt trees are just perfect.

Stacey Schafer said...

how fun is this! LOVE the felted trees with that adorable snowman!

Jill Norwood said...

That die is the perfect match for the snowmen! Love this card!! I just got this snowman set this year and am looking forward to inking it up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...