October 17, 2013

Cheers!


Hi there!

I'm just popping in to share a little card I made for my brother's birthday, which then sat on my desk for days before getting in the mail terribly late.  Oops.

I couldn't resist the Free Spirits stamp set from Paper Smooches--perfect for many of the hard-to-create-for men in my life.  I just lined up the drink glasses, colored them with Copics, and added some of the cute accents from the set.

Some dots added with a white pen to make the drink bubbly, a simple "cheers" sentiment, and a couple of lines I drew with a black pen are the finishing touches.

Cardstock:  WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Patterned paper:  Echo Park (stripes), Stampin' Up! (orange)
Stamps:  Paper Smooches (Free Spirits)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip), Hero Arts (Ocean), Memento (Tuxedo Black), Copic markers, white gel pen
Tool:  corner rounder

I'm slowly trying to get caught up with all of you out in blog land.  My family recently experienced a couple of health emergencies which threw our lives into chaos for a few weeks, but the worst seems to be behind us.  I appreciate all of you who continue to stop by and leave such sweet comments, despite my irregular and infrequent posts!

Thanks for visiting today!

15 comments:

Lynn said...

I hope everyone is okay Christina. Love your sweet little cocktails card. I think I need to come share one with you!

Joyce said...

What a fabulous card. The coloring and design are just perfect. I"m sure that your brother will agree that this is a card worth waiting for. You and your family have been in my thoughts--it's nice to see you creating again.

Shelley said...

Oh, I hope life is getting brighter everyday. I'll keep your family in my thoughts! Your card reminds me very much of the card I usually give my brother every year! Brothers are difficult, but one thing I know he loves...so it's a no-brainer!

Unknown said...

Love your card! Sorry to hear about the health scares your family has had. Sending hugs your way!

Kay Miller said...

What a fun card and such wonderful coloring!! Really fabulous work!

Tracey McNeely said...

Chrisina I love this, what a great birthday card. Love those PS drinks!

Joni Andaya said...

This is so fabulous Christina! Love those lined drinks, and the way you colored them...Amazing! I love that you added a white pen to make the drink bubbly:) I want to thank you for the sweet note you left for me, you are so sweet. Have a wonderful week end :)

Marybeth said...

Christina this is a fun and perfect guy card! Your coloring is wonderful! Hugs to you!

Stacey Schafer said...

how fun, Christina! love the festive colors and now I'm thirsty!

Mary-Anne V said...

Great card...love those drinks. Makes me want to go out to happy hour.

Happy Dance said...

This is just a fun birthday card. Love all the little cocktails and you've colored them so prettily. Makes me long for summer again! Hope everything continues to get better for your family. Blessings..Bev

Sharron said...

Been thinking about you all! It's good to hear things are a bit more settled. Love your fun card. Your glass of bubbly is especially cool.!

Aimes said...

Fabulous design! I'm eyeing up that lovely blue cocktail ;D
Sorry to hear about your family's health emergencies. Hope everything's OK. x

Kim Heggins said...

Christina...fabulous card, love those drinks and your coloring is amazing. I am sure your brother will love it too, happy to hear your family is on the mend and to see your cards again.

Kim S said...

SO cute!! I love all the different colored and very cheerful drinks - the bubbles are a great touch!

I'm glad to hear things are going better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...