October 19, 2013

Clearly Besotted Challenge #5


Happy weekend!  We've had family in town all week, but I managed to sneak into my craft room for some stamping time.  I wanted to play along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge, which has a gorgeous autumn color palette this month.

Source:  Design Seeds
My card doesn't exactly have an autumn theme, but I loved these colors and thought they would work beautifully for a fall wedding card.  I was fortunate enough to receive the Blooming Marvellous stamp set for a DT assignment, but I hadn't had a chance to use the rose image yet.  I stamped it in shades of yellow and peach along the edge of an ivory panel.

The sentiment is also from Blooming Marvellous, and I added the little row of x's from Basic Banners.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream, Smokey Shadow)
Stamps:  Clearly Besotted (Blooming Marvellous, Basic Banners)
Ink:  Hero Arts (Fresh Peach, Soft Cantaloupe), Stampin' Up! (So Saffron, Basic Gray)
Other:  pearls, thread

We're off to enjoy the beautiful weather today.  I hope you have some fun and/or relaxing plans for your weekend.

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Joan B said...

i love this card. everything detail is perfect!

Marisa said...

This is gorgeous, Christina!! Love how you used the roses and added the pearls.

Shelley said...

A beautiful CAS card. The roses off center...and I like the touch of stitching with tying those ends to make your bow!

Joyce said...

This is just beautiful, perfect in every way.

Tenia Nelson said...

Oooooooooh!!!! LURVE!!!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous card Christina - LOVE your little bow :)

Kim Heggins said...

GORGEOUS! Those roses in those colors with the bits of pearls, perfection!

Sharron said...

Your roses are gorgeous! Love the stitching at the top and the tiny bow!

Kara said...

Beautiful card!

Happy Dance said...

Really lovely! Besides the beautifully colored roses, I love how you've used those pearls. Great card. Bev

Marybeth said...

Beautiful colors and card Christina! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Joni Andaya said...

So pretty Christina....love how you position all the flowers :)

Cindy Lovell said...

Beautiful card!!! Love the colors and the pearls!

Tracy Ercole said...

Beautiful card Christina

Stephanie said...

What a wonderfully stylish card, Christina. I love how the striking black compliments the warm colours perfectly. Thank you very much for joining the challenge! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...