June 29, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays #59--Round & Round


Happy Friday, friends!  I loved seeing all of your pink creations last week for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge.  This week we have another fun challenge, along with a great sponsor.

This week's theme is "Round & Round"--use 2 circles in your clean and simple design.  A circle card base can count as one of the circles.


Our generous sponsor is The Twinery, and they are offering up a fantastic prize to this week's winner. Thanks to The Twinery for providing the DT with some of their beautiful baker's twine, too!


I think I got a little carried away with the circles on my card, but technically you can only see 2 full circles--the scalloped circle "sun" and the orange button in the middle.  *smile*

I've been trying to use some stamps that haven't seen any ink yet, including the Grunged Rays from A Muse Studio and the starburst from WPlus9's Super Star.

I wrapped Lemondrop baker's twine from The Twinery around a scalloped circle, then nestled an orange button with a sparkly heart in the center.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (So Saffron, Peach Parfait), WPlus9 Design Studio (White)
Stamps:  A Muse Studio (Grunged Rays), WPlus9 Design Studio (Super Star), Papertrey Ink (Tag-its #3)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (So Saffron, Peach Parfait), Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Tools:  Spellbinders (scalloped circle die), Papertrey Ink (impression plate)
Accessories:  The Twinery (Lemondrop baker's twine), Papertrey Ink (button), DMC floss

Sorry to keep this short, but I have two more posts to schedule, then I need pack for my weekend trip!  Be sure to stop by the CAS-ual Fridays blog to see the rest of the Girl Friday creations and find out what you can win this week.

Have a great Friday!

20 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous, how could these poor stamps be neglected in your stash. Love the combo with the impression plate.

me said...

This is just beyond gorgeous! So creative :)

xiumaiyuki said...

I love your take on this fun challenge. That sun is so creative and fab!

Lynn said...

The rays are absolutely fabulous!!

JJ Bolton said...

Gorgeous! This card just makes me smile:). Love your handmade twine sun!

Nancy said...

Christina, what a gorgeous card, so happy and uplifting. Be sure, not too many circles, I love the subtle EF background, but the show stopper is the twine wrapped circle with the button, just beautiful. Great job!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun and very creative card Christina! Love your pretty sun rays ;)

Ginny said...

What a fabulous card!!! I absolutely love it. Off to pin it.

Marisa said...

Looove how you used the twine, Christina!! Brilliant. Great card!

Ann said...

Awesome creation! Loving how you used the twine!

Jenny said...

Love the way you wrapped the twine Christina, such a warm and cheery card :0)
Jenny x

Cristina said...

WOW!

Aimes said...

Well you rocked the twine on this beauty, Christina! Now could you send some of that sunshine this way, please? We've got flash floods and thunderstorms here!
Hugs!
x

Vickie Z said...

Love those rays and the clever use of the twine!! Fabulous!

Deb said...

Super gorgeous card!! I love how you used your twine!!! Simply beautiful!

Angie Tieman said...

Fabulous card, Christina!! Love the repeating sunburst motif and the use of twine is amazing!

Unknown said...

This is a fantastic card and really shows off the twine. Love the grunged rays too.

Anonymous said...

Once again a breathtaking card, Christina! I don't know where to start because I love every single detail in this card. Just WOW!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

beautiful! Such a great color scheme and design! Love the glitter button :)

Dr. Ivy said...

Christina,
This card was the inspiration for my clouds and sun card. I could not figure out how you made your sun, so I had to put my own twist on it. Thanks for always providing inspiration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...